Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC:
Ok, so Tim hits three times (2x Greatsword, 1x Rizvan) for a total of 46 pts. of damage. Data is in spoiler below.
OOC: T.H. is at work and doesn't have time to write an IC post, so...

Tim ignores the wound the spider inflicted on him. He swings his blade over his head with a roar and nearly slices the spider's thorax in two. The massive vermin shrieks and stumbles, which causes Tim's second swing to miss. He them slams Rizvan into the monstrous spider, which sends ichor everywhere.

The spider's legs give out and it is soon scrambling to stay on the ledge. Tim can tell it is done, but he brings his sword down a third time and splits the beast's thorax from it abdomen.

"Just die you foul thing!"

The spider's abdomen falls back into the chasm while its thorax sits on the ledge spilling its fluids everywhere. The smell of its death is terrible.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Nodding to Custodio, Tuck immediately feels the effects of Vinny’s haste spell, his movements more quickly and fluidly. Changing his target again as two spiders are taken down by his allies, the kobold shoots his crossbow at an arachnid on the other side of the crossing. His hands a blur as he shoots and reloads four bolts in quick succession.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Nodding to Custodio, Tuck immediately feels the effects of Vinny’s haste spell, his movements more quickly and fluidly. Changing his target again as two spiders are taken down by his allies, the kobold shoots his crossbow at an arachnid on the other side of the crossing. His hands a blur as he shoots and reloads four bolts in quick succession.
The first bolt sinks deep into the spider's thorax while the second one clips one of its legs. The third shot just misses above the monstrous vermin while the fourth sinks into the ground in front of the spider.

The two remaining spiders charge forward with fangs bared. The first charges into Custodio and delivers a devastating bite to the Vanquisher cleric. The spider's fangs dig into Custodio's face, neck, and chest. Custodio tries to cry out but it come out as a gurgling sound. The spider's venom quickly enters the young cleric's bloodstream and saps his strength. He is soon gasping for air and looks like he could fall in seconds.

The other spider charges Akos and tries to bite the Loremaster in the same way. Just before the spider's attack, Nathaniel swings his sword with all his strength in hopes of killing the vermin before it can bite Akos. The blade cuts deep into the spider but it doesn't stop it fangs from finding Akos' shoulder and arm. Luckily his fey heritage saves him from the bite being deep but he can feel the poison trying to overwhelm him.

OOC:
Huge spider (vs. Custodio) - Bite attack:
1D20+9+2 = [18]+9+2 = 29 (hit)
2D6+6 = [5, 4]+6 = 15

Custodio - Fortitude save (DC 16) and STR damage:
1D20+9 = [1]+9 = 10 (failed)
1D8 = [3] = 3 (STR damage)

Nathaniel - Attack with Longsword vs. Huge Spider:
1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18 (hit)
1D8+3 = [8]+3 = 11

Huge spider (vs. Akos) - Bite attack:
1D20+9+2 = [13]+9+2 = 24 (hit)
2D6+6 = [3, 2]+6 = 11

@Neurotic, the damage Akos takes is reduced to 3 due to his DR, but make a DC 16 Fortitude save vs. the poison. If the save is failed, Akos takes the following Strength damage: 1D8 = [6] = 6

Akos is up next. He is in a threatened square and the spider has a 10 ft. reach. I'll post the updated battle map in a few minutes.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Save vs poison: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11 does this mean he takes double STR damage?

Akos looks up at the huge beast and shudders as all his equipment suddenly doubles in weight. Dropping his pack down he can move freely again despite the sudden weakness.

"Titania take you, beast!" he snarls in most uncharacteristic way as he points toward the spider and blasts it in the face with the same fiery leaf storm he used on the last one.

"Custodio, hold on, I can heal you once this thing gets off me!"

Free: drop the backpack
Concentration check: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18
Swift: activate bracers of eldritch admixture (1 charge for +2d6)
Action: Eldritch blast on the spider in melee: 1D20+7+4 = [8]+7+4 = 19
3D6+4+2D6 = [5, 3, 6]+4+[2, 5] = 25
Move: take anti-toxin from the belt (can I "drink defensively" i.e. without provoking?)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Akos looks up at the huge beast and shudders as all his equipment suddenly doubles in weight. Dropping his pack down he can move freely again despite the sudden weakness.

"Titania take you, beast!" he snarls in most uncharacteristic way as he points toward the spider and blasts it in the face with the same fiery leaf storm he used on the last one.
The powerful blast cuts and burns the spider and the creature shrieks but it does not fall.

Neurotic said:
"Custodio, hold on, I can heal you once this thing gets off me!"
"I'm not dead yet," Custodio says. He grimaces through the pain.

OOC: Move: take anti-toxin from the belt (can I "drink defensively" i.e. without provoking?)
OOC:
Looking at the Actions in Combat chart in the RC, drinking the antitoxin would fall under drinking a potion, which is a standard action. I don't believe there is any way for Akos to drink it without taking an Attack of Opportunity, but its moot since he already attacked and damaged the spider. He can't use eldritch blast and drink the antitoxin in the same round.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Assessing the situation quickly Breva desires not to put himself in reach of the poison. Instead he sends a brace of arrows streaking at the spider Akos faces. His marksmanship is not all he could hope, but maybe it will be enough.
The first arrow digs into one of the spider's eyes while the other deflects off its waxy chitin.

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Falen considers his options. These monstrous things could easily overwhelm him if he had been alone. He must trust that Big Tim and Breva can take on the large vermin toe to toe. .. .. .. .. ..

"Vinny, I hope you have some fire magic ready!"

Custodio doesn't wait for the Sectarian wizard to reply to Falen.
After having cast the best spell to help his allies he says to Falen, "Sorry, no fire, but I might have a shoe to smack them with.

Vinny calls out the mystical words of power, "nužudyk vorą!" and three shoe shaped bursts of light are summoned into being, the first two head toward the spider attacking Custodio and the third at the one near he, Breva and Nathanial.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
After having cast the best spell to help his allies he says to Falen, "Sorry, no fire, but I might have a shoe to smack them with."

Vinny calls out the mystical words of power, "nužudyk vorą!" and three shoe-shaped bursts of light are summoned into being, the first two head toward the spider attacking Custodio and the third at the one near he, Breva and Nathanial.
The first two shoe-shaped bursts streak to the spider in front of Custodio and whacks it on its thorax. The verminous beast chitters in surprise. The third burst slams into the other spider and bursts one of its eyes open. The creature shrieks. It is unsteady on its legs and looks like it could collapse at any moment.

Nathaniel tries to finish the spider off, but he misjudges his swing with the spider wobbling on its legs.

End of Round Two

Remove ads