Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.

Resisted the trip, natural 1 on the paralysis :( , but the total is 25 (forgot racial bonus on the roll)
Str check vs trip; Fort save: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D20+20 = [1]+20 = 21

Posting the round just in case
@Knightfall - out-of-order post since I'm not sure I'll be online for the next couple of days. If someone cures paralysis, go with the attack.

Litrix barely remains standing as the bite penetrates his armor and thick skin and the weight of the beast pulls him down. But it might be due to the rigidity that gripped his muscles after the bite. He looks in horror at the beast as he remains motionless.

Move: 5' NW(assuming I can move)
Full attack:
Full attack vs north DGW: 1D20+15 = [14]+15 = 29
1D8+6+1+1 = [4]+6+1+1 = 12
1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16
1D8+6+1+1 = [8]+6+1+1 = 16

11 slashing good magic damage (and 1 lightning)
If 16 to hit hits 15 good magic slashing (and 1 lightning)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Resisted the trip, natural 1 on the paralysis :( , but the total is 25 (forgot racial bonus on the roll)
Str check vs trip; Fort save: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20
1D20+20 = [1]+20 = 21

Posting the round just in case
@Knightfall - out-of-order post since I'm not sure I'll be online for the next couple of days. If someone cures paralysis, go with the attack.
OOC: A natural one is always a fail for my campaigns. Litrix is paralysed for 1d4+2 rounds: Litrix suffers paralysis: 1D4+2 = [4]+2 = 6. Do Litrix's auras work while he is paralysed? Hmm... :unsure:

Paralysis says that the character can take purely mental actions, such as casting spells with no components.

Litrix barely remains standing as the bite penetrates his armor and thick skin and the weight of the beast pulls him down. But it might be due to the rigidity that gripped his muscles after the bite. He looks in horror at the beast as he remains motionless.
The ghoulish wolf growls in satisfaction. It senses Litrix's vulnerability.

One of the undead wolves charges Maur and bites down with full force...
Maur lashes out at the incoming monster, slamming his silvered hammer into the beast. Right before being slammed down with such force that even legendary dwarven stoutness couldn't save him.
He falls down, tucking in his legs under the shield, trying to keep slavering jaws away from (relatively) unarmored parts.

The dwarven champion finds himself prone, an unusual position for a dwarven warrior. Three of the ghoulish wolves now stand all around him, growling and snapping.

OOC: @Neurotic, don't forget that you still have your normal actions for the round. you were up next after the DGWs. I'm going to post for Quinn and then proceed to round three, but post your actions for Maur while he is prone.

The last of the undead wolves bites the summoned holy bear and the bite tears into the celestial creature with unnatural force. The bear roars and then is gone, forced back to the High Heavens.

"This is bad," Aureus says.

"Get those wolves off of Maur!" Quinn yells. "Litrix and I will try to keep these other ones off of you." The gladiator-knight tries to look towards Litrix beyond the trees. "Litrix, I'm moving to you. Litrix?"

The dragontouched marshal can hear Quinn but cannot respond.

Quinn moves around the ragged trees to Litrix's side. As he moves, the ghoulish wolf, on the other side of the tree, bites at Quinn through the dense branches. The undead creature manages to bite down on Quinn's shoulder.

"Blast it!"

"Quinn!"

"I'm fine, keep fighting!"

The burly fighter slashes out with Cruel Justice at the wolf through the maze of branches. This time he manages to drive the blade into the wolves flank.

"Ha! Got you!"

Neurotic

Maur calls upon Moradin as is usual for his fighting. If not for his great patron, he wouldn't be here. Many times over. And, as usual, Moradin answers cocooning his champion in his might.

Swinging his hammer around, it's momentum greatly increased by the flat ground and slick metal plate under Maurs back, he slams it on the side of the beasts head. It stops the momentum and his second attack is reminiscent of the turtle on its back. Lots of flailing, with little to no effect.

AC 20 for melee 28 for ranged
HP 70/92

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
The bite of the large monster in front of him hurts his leg more than anything has in recent memory, and for a moment Caerth stumbles to keep his feet under him. A sudden rush from deep within strengthens his resolve, however, and he holds his balance and control over his muscles, avoiding to fall like the dwarf next to him.

"Foul thing," the half-orc growls deeply, the pain a familiar friend and mentor. His expression changes, and now the man who grew up fighting natural predators as part of his vocation in life narrows his eyes like a cat spotting a mouse.

His spear again moves to stab the bigger opponent, this time with less precision and even more power. The first attack manages to pierce deep into the undead wolf's muscles, but pulling the spear back makes the second stab a lot more clumsy and the weapon misses the ghoulish creature entirely.

OOC: Saves against the trip and paralysis effect in the OOC thread.

Full attack against the adjacent DGW, with Power Attack for -5 attack and +5 damage:
First attack: 1D20+13-5 = [17]+13-5 = 25 (hit)
for 1D8+7+5 = [8]+7+5 = 20 piercing damage
Second attack: 1D20+8-5 = [2]+8-5 = 5 (miss)
for 1D8+7+5 = [3]+7+5 = 15 piercing damage

Unfortunately I cannot cast a spell to remove paralysis from anyone, so that's up to Maur, I reckon...

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Maur calls upon Moradin as is usual for his fighting. If not for his great patron, he wouldn't be here. Many times over. And, as usual, Moradin answers cocooning his champion in his might.

Swinging his hammer around, it's momentum greatly increased by the flat ground and slick metal plate under Maurs back, he slams it on the side of the beasts head. It stops the momentum and his second attack is reminiscent of the turtle on its back. Lots of flailing, with little to no effect.
The undead wolf's heads snaps to one side as the hammer connects. It seems staggered. Yet, it is doesn't fall. While Maur is spinning like a turned over turtle, the other ghoulish dire wolf seems eager to 'play with its food' as it swats harmlessly at air around Maur as he spins. Then, the beast's long ghoulish tongue slithers from its mouth as it prepares to bite once again.

Litrix mentally watches as the undead wolf in front of him seems to unlock its jaw and opens its mouth wide to bite the dragon touched marshal. He mentally activates his magical helm to hopefully give his allies a better chance at victory.

End of Round Two

The bite of the large monster in front of him hurts his leg more than anything has in recent memory, and for a moment Caerth stumbles to keep his feet under him. A sudden rush from deep within strengthens his resolve, however, and he holds his balance and control over his muscles, avoiding to fall like the dwarf next to him.

"Foul thing," the half-orc growls deeply, the pain a familiar friend and mentor. His expression changes, and now the man who grew up fighting natural predators as part of his vocation in life narrows his eyes like a cat spotting a mouse.

His spear again moves to stab the bigger opponent, this time with less precision and even more power. The first attack manages to pierce deep into the undead wolf's muscles, but pulling the spear back makes the second stab a lot more clumsy and the weapon misses the ghoulish creature entirely.
Maur's spinning distracts the undead wolf and it doesn't see the spear coming until it is too late. It pierces deep into its neck and the beast howls. It shifts its focus back on Caerth and hisses more like a snake. Then it growls and prepares for Caerth's next strike. It ducks its head out of the way as the half-orc druid tries to connect a second time.

Aureus considers starting a war chant to inspire her allies, but with Maur and Quinn both on the ground and Litrix paralysed, she decides it is better to keep firing her bow. She takes aim at the undead wolf about to bite Litrix and fires. Her first arrow buries into its chest but the second sails high over the beast's head.

She looks back to Phar and motions to Litrix.

"I see," the paragon elf replies. He casts scorching ray once again. This time he aims one ray at the wolf about to bite the dragontouched warrior and the other at the ghoulish beast that knocked Maur to the ground. Even without Litrix's aura's to inspire, the elven wizard hits both dire ghoul wolves and burns them down to ash.

Litrix watches as the beast in front of him disappears into ash to join the dried mud on the ground.

"YES!" Aureus yells. She grins and swishes her tail. "Angus! Now take out that one on your right!"

"Don't forget about the two over here," Quinn reminds.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus nods silently at Aureus's suggestion. He slams his blade down onto the undead wolf and then tries to bash his shield against its head, but the ghoulish creature sees it coming and manages to avoid the shield. "Hold still, you damn doggo." Angus swears at the beast as he brings his sword around again and slices a deep wound in the undead wolf's back. It seems to sway on its legs like it is going to fall. "Ha, that gotcha!"

The undead beast doesn't fall, however. It howls in anger and tries to bite Angus on the shoulder, but the centaur reeve brings his shield back around to block the bite.

"No you don't, bad doggo!"

The wolf that sent the holy bear back to the heavens circles around to flank Quinn with the other ghoulish dire wolf. The two undead wolves try to bite the gladiator-knight in two. The wolf behind the tree manages to twist its neck and bite down HARD onto Quinn's legs! Quinn yells in pain as the ghoulish wolf's teeth skewer him.

"Get it off me!"

Then the other wolf bites down on Quinn's shoulder and neck. The wound is not as bad but still, the big man is bleeding from dozens of puncture wounds. Quinn seems to disappear under the two ghoulish wolves as they growl and tear at him!

"QUINN!" Aureus yells.

This time the knight isn't able to answer, but he raises Cruel Justice above him to show that he is still alive.

The second wolf lets go of Quinn and turns to growl at Phar.

"Maur, you really need to get up!"

Neurotic

"I hear ya! Coming up!"
Maur swiftly activates the gauntlets temporarily giving him strength to resist the wolves trying to pull him down and gets up. He takes extra care, knowing he will provoke the attack from the wolf. Planting his shield and hammer at both sides of his body, he heaves his bulk forward and up, coming into a wide stance, shield forward, hammer back.

As the beast lunges, hammer comes forward to meet it. It wasn't his best work by any means and the hit was weak...for him.

Swift: brute gauntlets giving him +2 to strength checks and damage
Move: get up (can I get up 1 square NE to flank?)
Standard:
neurotic: D20 + 15#maurattack → 22(7 + 15)#Maur attack
neurotic: D8 + 7 + 5 + 2#maurdamage → 15(1 + 7 + 5 + 2)#Maur damage - 2 more damage if flanking

Just in case:
neurotic: D20 + 4 + 2 + 4#maurstrengthchechtoresisttrip → 30(20 + 4 + 2 + 4)#Maur strength chech to resist trip

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"I hear ya! Coming up!"
Maur swiftly activates the gauntlets temporarily giving him strength to resist the wolves trying to pull him down and gets up. He takes extra care, knowing he will provoke the attack from the wolf. Planting his shield and hammer at both sides of his body, he heaves his bulk forward and up, coming into a wide stance, shield forward, hammer back.

As the beast lunges, hammer comes forward to meet it. It wasn't his best work by any means and the hit was weak...for him.
The undead wolf tries to tear into Maur, but the ghoulish creature is off balance and oozing ichor. The attack is clumsy and it leaves itself wide open for Maur's hammer strike. The blow nearly takes the wolf's head off and it crumbles to the ground. Ichor splatters onto the dwarf and onto Caerth.

Move: get up (can I get up 1 square NE to flank?)
OOC: I don't believe that you can stand up from prone into an adjacent square. I'm not 100% sure, and the RC wasn't much help. I did learn that you can stand up from prone as a free action with a DC 35 tumble check. Something to remember for Aureus. But, even that still provokes an AoO. It's a moot point, the DGW only had one 1 hp left anyway. Heh. :)

DGW - AoO vs. Maur: 1D20+14 = [5]+14 = 19 (miss)
2D6+12 = [2, 2]+12 = 16

Quinn tightens his grip on Cruel Justice and slashes at the wolf that bit down on his shoulder. His first strike finds its mark but his second is too awkward to hit. However, he slashes a third time with the blade and cuts another deep wound. "You shouldn't have let go, beast!"

End of Round Three

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Seeing the two opponents near him expire, Caerth immediately looks for the remaining enemies. Finding Quinn prone between two of them, the druid sprints towards the closest one, spear already leveled and ready to stab.

With his momentum, Caerth manages to pierce the creature's undead flesh deeply, no doubt drawing its attention away from the fallen gladiator.

OOC: I was trying to charge, but reading the rules it's obvious there is no clear, unobstructed path to the closest square to attack the DGW next to Phar. So it's just a normal attack after moving like in the map below.

spear attack.png

Wait, instead of a 90 degrees angle turn, Caerth instead moves that corner diagonally. That means he can still move that far. A small error in my map making process. :)

Spear attack: 1D20+13 = [5]+13 = 18
for 1D8+7 = [8]+7 = 15 piercing damage

Wow, I'm really rolling high for damage this combat! :)

Remove ads