Kulan World Journal

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Scott,

Are you offering to contribute something or are you just trying to feed me ideas?

contribute. the caveat is this: it happened before I got sick so it may take a lot of work for me to remember the more fine details. Unknown to most is that I suffered 3 days of 105º F fevers and the induced coma still has left me with mental cataloging issues. freaky stuff I'm telling ya! The good thing is that the group I played with can easily be contacted for references for me.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
contribute. the caveat is this: it happened before I got sick so it may take a lot of work for me to remember the more fine details. Unknown to most is that I suffered 3 days of 105º F fevers and the induced coma still has left me with mental cataloging issues. freaky stuff I'm telling ya! The good thing is that the group I played with can easily be contacted for references for me.
You can contribute if you want, but it wouldn't have to be 3.5. In fact, you could go systemless. However, I've already got someone else doing a Pathfinder column. Of course, since this is NOT a OGL project, it's important to not keep everything above board. Official rules and setting material can be referenced or cited but not included in detail.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
note to self: don't try and watch Dr. horrible's sing along blog while reading this thread.

ok, Understand as edition non specific as possible. I was going to give a general gist and let you adapt to your world as you see fit.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
note to self: don't try and watch Dr. horrible's sing along blog while reading this thread.

ok, Understand as edition non specific as possible. I was going to give a general gist and let you adapt to your world as you see fit.
Ah, so more of a collaboration. That's an interesting idea. When you get it all together, you can post it here or send me an e-mail, and I'll see if I can make it work for Kulan.

EDIT: I just PMed you my e-mail address.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I'll cheer you on enthusiastically from the sidelines!

With TimeWatch down to its last four days, my existence has focused down to "write, tweak spreadsheets, email, email, update, drink coffee, grin widely in happiness, write."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'll cheer you on enthusiastically from the sidelines!
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to need all the morale support I can get for this project. It's going to be time consuming, to say the least, and if I manage to get one or two issues out a year, I'll be ahead of the curve. Anything beyond that will be gravy. :D

With TimeWatch down to its last four days, my existence has focused down to "write, tweak spreadsheets, email, email, update, drink coffee, grin widely in happiness, write."
It's good that you've found a new project that you're so passionate about. I hope it goes well for you and gets your name out there even more than it is already.

My financial situation prevents me from taking part in Kickstarters, but I often visit the web site to see what's coming down the pipe. (Bruce Heard's project looks awesome.) I'm looking forward to seeing TimeWatch once it is finished. Do you know what kind of price point you're looking at for the core book? As long as it's reasonable, I'll likely buy it once it reaches the FLGSs here in Edmonton.

It would be my second GUMSHOE-based purchase. (I have Esoterrorists.)

is TimeWatch a book you are writing?

Clearly, I have not whored this out NEARLY enough. Heck yes! Investigative time travel RPG using the GUMSHOE engine, embracing all the things I love best about time travel movies. 4 days to go, going SUPER well (over $60K, 32 stretch goals met.)

Details here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kevinkulp/timewatch-gumshoe-investigative-time-travel-rpg
Ha! Ha!

This just goes to show that the Internet is a massive, fluid audience and that not ever living gamer can be reached unless your name is Monte Cook. :p

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Holy cow, I just hit iO9: http://io9.com/in-the-timewatch-rpg-paradoxes-are-part-of-the-fun-1523120387

My financial situation prevents me from taking part in Kickstarters, but I often visit the web site to see what's coming down the pipe. (Bruce Heard's project looks awesome.) I'm looking forward to seeing TimeWatch once it is finished. Do you know what kind of price point you're looking at for the core book? As long as it's reasonable, I'll likely buy it once it reaches the FLGSs here in Edmonton.

The Kickstarter price is $40 US, but it'll probably clock in a bit higher -- we've added over 100 pages in stretch goals.

Regardless, I owe you for the kindness of many years of friendship! You and anyone else in this forum should grab a copy of the Jurassic Rules -- 80% complete, fully playable, good fun to read. You can share them with your players if you wish. https://www.dropbox.com/s/esb2mzb36ojd582/TimeWatch Rules - Jurassic edition - for pledgers.zip

And I can't wait to read more about Kulan. D&D Next will yank me back into reading more about D&D, and I can't wait.

Remove ads