• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L1: Strange Doings (Erekose13 Judging)

Amaury

First Post
Jallembo waits patiently in the corridor and is surprised Garrit and Razin don't go in, weapons in hand.
Right, are these guys gonna stay in the corridor for years?..
pff, got to do all the damn work! will vant an increased share of the spoils!!
he thinks.

He is even more surprised by the paladin's question.
Uh? like 'anything to nick?', what do you mean O paladin?

"Right.. are we having lunch here or what?........... Ok, I'll do it then!" whispers Jallembo in a slightly irritated tone.

The rogue squeezes in between the two fighters and walks in. Coffins.. hum don't like this!
He looks at both of them from the entrance trying to figure out what kind of person they represent.
He then turns around and sees the statue. Hum, some sort of mage or scribe?
He walks to it and checks the statue more closely, looking for moving parts or anything meaningful or.. valuable!

[sblock=DM]search statue (1d20+6=13)[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[imager]http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/libris_gallery/84747.jpg[/imager]
As Jallembo places his weight on the top step leading down it, the stairs collapse. Were he not so quick on his feat, he would have gone tumbling into the room. He manages, however, to pull back at the last minute remaining in the door way. At the same time that the stairs collapse the two lids of the coffins are retracted into the far wall, in addition the statue utters a phrase in a language no one understands. Two small salt encrusted skeletal figures rise from the coffins, looking parched and gasping. A dry hot breeze begins blowing from no where.

[Round 1]

Jallembo
Garrit
Ximix
Dessicators
Razin
Manon

[sblock=ooc]Reflex save made on trap. Floor is now 4ft below your current position. The two small creatures stand in the coffins.[/sblock]

Amaury

First Post
"Heeeeey!!!!" shouts Jallembo in surprise.

Surprising himself, Jallembo's reflexes take control of his body and get him to jump backwards to avoid falling into the trap!

"By the Nine Hells!! What's.. what's going on???... Aaaah what are these??? Guys!!.." shouts Jallembo when he sees both creatures raising from the sarcophagi. His right hand reaches his belt and he pulls his dagger that he throws in desesperation at one of them. The dagger doesn't even manage to reach the sarcophagi, so weak is Jallembo's throw..

The rogue then stumbles backwards into his companions and in the corridor. Fear is clearly visible on his face.

[sblock=DM] Throws dagger and moves back into corridor.
throw dagger (1d20+3=4) oops! do you have a specific table for Fumbles?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ximix

First Post
What to do . . .

Ximix has a Lot to do in a short time... first he glances back down the corridor, to make sure they are not being flanked. 18 Spot
Next he estimates the distance to the undead and what his Turn area of effect would be. When he is in range of both of these creatures he will present his Holy Symbol and invoke Gliran's name to drive back the enemies of the group.[sblock=DM]I think I tried to find this out before, but can I use my Longsword as my Holy Symbol given that Gliran's symbol is a Longsword? I assure you that the weapon is in fine condition . . . hardly used at all LOL Btw, Ximix speaks: Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan [/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: will wait for Garrit or NPC him for the first round Tomorrow/Monday.

[sblock=Jallembo]No fumbles, not to worry, though it is a pretty bad miss. :p[/sblock]
[sblock=Ximix]Longsword is fine for me. I usually emblazon it on my cleric's shields to get away from having to wield it seperately. With regards to language you figure it probably has something to do with the script you've deciphered though you have no idea how to pronounce/listen to it ~ ancient medibarian.[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Garrit Kelspire, Paladin 2 of Hyrag

OOC: Holy Cow! A man goes away for a weekend and all the action happens!

[[Garrit will step into the sarcophagus room on the steps and ready an action to attack any of these dessicators if they step in a threatened square.]]

Erekose13

Explorer
[Round 1]

Jallembo throws his dagger, which misses, then he moves back to allow the others room to maneuver.

Garrit jumps down the last few feet to the floor but looses his footing amongst the broken debris of the stairs and falls prone, injuring his ankle.

Ximix draws his sword and moves into Garrit's vacated spot at the top of the landing and wields his holy symbol in an attempt to drive the vile undead back. Gliran appears to have abandoned him as the undead ignore his attempts.

The two nasty salt undead open their large mouths an exhale a storm of dust and salt into the hallway. Everyone is hit by the blast, though Razin and Jallembo manage to avoid the effects of the first blast and Ximix and Garrit the second. Everyone feels dehydrated by the blasts.

Razin follows Garrit into the room and joins him on the floor smashing his knee into the coffin in front of him.

~Action Paused~

Manon has no where to jump into the room.

[sblock=ooc]Garrit Razin have to jump down the 4 feet into difficult terrain. DC 15 jump check was required to land on your feet. Garrit and Razin both failed and took 4 non lethal damage and are prone.

Ximix's turning check = 5. Which means it does pretty much nothing.

Manon can restate his action or wait till Garrit gets up then jump in. Alternatively a full-round action can lower you to the ground without facing damage/prone.

Damage Recap:
Jallembo 5/5 - 1 Con
Garrit 19/19 - 1 Con - 4 Non-lethal
Ximix 7/7 - 1 Con
Razin 11/11 - 1 Con - 4 Non-lethal
Manon 7/7 - 2 Con
hp current/max have been adjusted due to the con damage.[/sblock]

JonnyFive

First Post
"ooh...." Razin will groan as he gets to his feet. Shaking his head to clear it, he will take up an aggresive stance.

[sblock=ooc]sorry about the absence... stand up then ready an action to hit onf of the things if it enters striking distance[/sblock]

Remove ads