L4W Discussion Thread V

twilsemail

First Post
For whatever reason I'm having trouble viewing Page 9 of Mine-Militia Identity and I'm unable to respond to that thread. I can view page 8 just fine, which makes it even more odd...

As such, Felix's actions may be delayed or may not happen for a while. To his party members, he's going to suggest Prime and Drew hold the door and the rest of us stay back in the hallway or even the room behind.

Walking Dad

First Post

But then I noticed that, after yesterday's update, the text for Flaming Weapon mysteriously changed in the Character Builder and the Compendium. It now specifies that it only changes untyped damage dealt by the weapon into fire damage. This, of course, makes the Flaming Weapon useless to implement users about 99% of the time. And it invoked in me a flaming, fiery nerdrage for crushing my beloved new Hybrid character literally the day after I made him.

Now, this isn't an official errata yet, but Flaming Weapon now cites the DM's Kit as a source, which makes me nervous. What I want to know is:

Looks like I need to do a big overhaul with my flaming staff pyromancer or replace him with another character :(
So lame scorching instead of freezing burst (same but cold and an added slide).

Great thing they didn't change lightning weapon, or my Mark of Storm bard would be in trouble, too. :confused::confused:

treex

First Post
Just wondering, are there any sourcebooks that are banned? I know some articles/issues of Dragon Magazine are banned, but what about official sourcebooks?

garyh

First Post
Looks like I need to do a big overhaul with my flaming staff pyromancer or replace him with another character :(
So lame scorching instead of freezing burst (same but cold and an added slide).

Great thing they didn't change lightning weapon, or my Mark of Storm bard would be in trouble, too. :confused::confused:

The character I am planning to bring in to replace my current stable is a tiefling pyromancer, so I was annoyed to see this as well. Grrrr!

renau1g

First Post
Not sure what are stance is on this though. It was not errata and there are two official sources with conflicting rules. One is a PHB, the core book, the other is the DM kit... an optional, less core "book". If we go with this, I see Ashir swapping out for a Lightning weapon then...personally I prefer fire...just from an optics perspective.

covaithe

Explorer
I'm almost completely ignorant of new rules (e.g. pyromancer) that would be affected by this, but... It seems very strange to me. Is this a fix for something? Why would they fix this, but leave, say, frost weapons alone?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Pyromancers gains substantially from fire attacks, so flaming weapons change them all from whatever to fire, allowing them to get all their bennies. It appears WotC is trying to nerf this w/o clarification.

I'll look at my DM Kit later.

treex

First Post
What's that under your join date that says gear and has a Rogue Hireling (that looks like a Final Fantasy Tactics Thief)?

Is enworld trying to implement some kind of achievement system/character system?

Remove ads