• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

Karlowitch

First Post
stonegod said:
Damen needs approval as well (and is already on there ;))

Hehe.

I am planning on doing as many reviews as possible this weekend, so Ill see what I can do ;).

I could however use some help from the other SR's or players, so I wont be the only reviewing :) !

Karlowitch

First Post
Luinnar said:
From anyone since his approvals will retroactively count as being from a SR.
I actually would prefer they weren't retroactive, since they were my first reviews and I would appreciate another SR to check them out.

CrimsonFlameWielder said:
You know I got your back, Karlowitch! PM me with the one(s) you are working on and I'll hit the next on the list, then we can switch so they have two approvals :)

Aye :D ! Sounds like a good plan to me ;) !

treex said:
That page is new (to me) ...was it there this whole time?

No. Covaithe made a proposal to change the character approval rules and made a new approval page, along with a new requesting approval page, to replace the old ones.

The proposal was made on the 16 oct. and passed a week later.

Now all requests for approval needs to be added to this page: Approval Requests

When the character has been approved, judges or SR's need to move them to the Approved Character page.

Here is the link to the proposal: Link

Last edited:

treex

First Post
...No. Covaithe made a proposal to change the character approval rules and made a new approval page, along with a new requesting approval page, to replace the old ones.

The proposal was made on the 16 oct. and passed a week later.

Now all requests for approval needs to be added to this page: Approval Requests

When the character has been approved, judges or SR's need to move them to the Approved Character pag...

Thanks for the history lesson :D
I'm quite sure I wasn't around at that time, that and I didn't make any chars prior to the change...

Karlowitch

First Post
Iron Sky said:
I'm pretty much out until probably Sunday night to anyone in my games or my DMs.

Happy holidays.

To you as well ;)
treex said:
Thanks for the history lesson :D
I'm quite sure I wasn't around at that time, that and I didn't make any chars prior to the change...

Hehe, I didn't mean to lecture :). Then there must have been some mixup, but don't worry, your character will eventually get approved.

As a matter of fact I am working my way down the list as we speak. If you want to help speed up the process, you could always review some of the characters before you ;).

WEContact

First Post
Do I need to be a Judge to make a houserule proposal?

I'd like to discuss it here first in any case, to see if people think it's a good idea. The gist: I think that racial restrictions on themes should be removed, because they are poor design. (Dark Sun themes/material should maybe also be allowed if I am to be consistent with the argument I'm about to make, but I don't want to get into that right now.)

Themes are meant to be a point of character customization that lets your significantly broaden your character's mechanical identity without sacrificing important resources. They are (and should be) usable in this way no matter what the setting; even Themes written with a setting in mind should be useful to a character outside of that setting. If your character is an escaped slave, he should be able to use the Escaped Slave to add flavorful mechanical element to his character whether he's playing in a Dark Sun game or not.

This was brought to my attention when I learned about this tribe of elven werewolves that live near the bloodstone lands in Forgotten Realms. Apparently they were featured in a novel trilogy recently. Say you wanted to play one of those elves; Pack Outcast would be the perfect theme for you. Unfortunately, you can't play that PC in LFR, because Pack Outcast was written with a specific pack in mind (which is fine) and the fluff of that pack led to a mechanical racial restrictions (not fine).

Since most themes require refluffing to be used here in the Transitive Isles, I don't know why they should retain their racial restrictions.

Remove ads