• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
I'd like to put out an APB for anyone who has a free 8th-10th level character (preferably from a player retiring a character and creating a new one). I'm in despirate need of two characters. Renau1g (Land Ho, TikChik, Ranger) and Pacdidj (The Missing Professor, Auntie Mab, Rogue) dropped off the grid, and I need replacements.

I'm leaning toward retirees is in the hope that you would consider a background in Avenroc (See Far Lands & search for Avenroc). That would help me avoid a deus ex machina to introduce the replacements, though if I have no takers, I will make do with what I have.

Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I'd like to put out an APB for anyone who has a free 8th-10th level character (preferably from a player retiring a character and creating a new one). I'm in despirate need of two characters. Renau1g (Land Ho, TikChik, Ranger) and Pacdidj (The Missing Professor, Auntie Mab, Rogue) dropped off the grid, and I need replacements.

I'm leaning toward retirees is in the hope that you would consider a background in Avenroc (See Far Lands & search for Avenroc). That would help me avoid a deus ex machina to introduce the replacements, though if I have no takers, I will make do with what I have.

Anyone interested?

Phoenix could jump in to Land Ho. She's a level 9 striker pretending to be a controller. Not so much on the retirement though.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Phoenix could jump in to Land Ho. She's a level 9 striker pretending to be a controller. Not so much on the retirement though.
I'll take a look at her and see if I can get an idea on how she would end up in Avenroc. If you want, you can read the Gazetteer in the Far Lands and PM me with ideas. If not, I'll think of something, but my imagination is rather thin, even though my standards haven't lowered. I hate it when that happens :/.

Any others?

*EDIT* [MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION]: Nice Pic by the way.

Karlowitch

First Post
Phew... made 6+ reviews this week and taking a break from reviewing the next couple of days. Never thought it would take so much time :-/ !

And it looks like some other people have made reviews this weekend as well, good work guys ;).

WEContact

First Post
Do I need to be a Judge to make a houserule proposal?

I'd like to discuss it here first in any case, to see if people think it's a good idea. The gist: I think that racial restrictions on themes should be removed, because they are poor design. (Dark Sun themes/material should maybe also be allowed if I am to be consistent with the argument I'm about to make, but I don't want to get into that right now.)

Themes are meant to be a point of character customization that lets your significantly broaden your character's mechanical identity without sacrificing important resources. They are (and should be) usable in this way no matter what the setting; even Themes written with a setting in mind should be useful to a character outside of that setting. If your character is an escaped slave, he should be able to use the Escaped Slave to add flavorful mechanical element to his character whether he's playing in a Dark Sun game or not.

This was brought to my attention when I learned about this tribe of elven werewolves that live near the bloodstone lands in Forgotten Realms. Apparently they were featured in a novel trilogy recently. Say you wanted to play one of those elves; Pack Outcast would be the perfect theme for you. Unfortunately, you can't play that PC in LFR, because Pack Outcast was written with a specific pack in mind (which is fine) and the fluff of that pack led to a mechanical racial restrictions (not fine).

Since most themes require refluffing to be used here in the Transitive Isles, I don't know why they should retain their racial restrictions.
No thoughts on this? Should I go ahead and make a proposal? I figured we could discuss it first.

Velmont

First Post

Anyone interested?

I have Jarel-karn who is back from a quick cameo in Mark of Trogor and is waiting in the Inn. A Swordmage 9 (Defender with tendency Controller).

As you are aware, I would need to appear in Land Ho, as I`m already playing Gloom in Missing Professor. If that help you, Jarel-karn is a great bodyguard, so he could have been hired as so by anyone from Avenoc.

Remove ads