• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

renau1g

First Post
Actually, with River's last IC post, this may be a great time to overhaul him Vel. We can take this off the general forums to avoid clutter though. You can e-mail or PM me if you want to discuss more details.

Velmont

First Post
While this is a completely reasonable reaction to the continued beatings your character has received from WotC, I'd still urge you not to give up on a character concept you like just because the rules are screwing you over. Maybe make a new proposal or something or see if there's some way to rebuild your character, but just because the rules are stupid you shouldn't have to change playing a character you like!

Don't fear, River is not dead and will only died if renaug1 kill it. I might change the mechanic of the character, but if I do so, I'll roleplay the change and the character will evolve. I don't plan to retire River anytime soon. At most, I'll make an overhaul.

ryryguy

First Post
Sorry, I've been out of action for a few days and will be for a few more. It's like a perfect storm: the Eye of Sauron is upon me at work (and has kept me late the last few nights), and it's my anniversary tonight with related activities through tomorrow. I hope to be posting again on Sunday. Please NPC any of my characters who may be holding things up.

Thanks!

Dekana

Explorer
How do the judges feel about reskinned races as PCs? I'd like to play a lizardfolk, but they were never written up as a PC race that I know of. The easy solution would be to make a dragonborn and just call it a lizardfolk, but the breath weapon doesn't really fit, and +2 charisma doesn't seem right for savage swamp dwellers either. Shifters fit the stats, skills, and granted power better, so I'd rather use that if possible.

Rapida

First Post
I don't think it will be an issue Dekana. I think we have a few wooden warforged walking around, and there is at least one robot/warforged druid type.

garyh

First Post
Plus, there's a half-orc reskinned as a bugbear (same Str/Dex bonuses, but proper support and no controversial oversized ability was the player's reasoning, I believe). No problems with re-skinning here.

renau1g

First Post
Plus, there's a half-orc reskinned as a bugbear (same Str/Dex bonuses, but proper support and no controversial oversized ability was the player's reasoning, I believe). No problems with re-skinning here.

That's Kane. I felt that the comments from the designers that oversi2d wasn't balanced for PC's was the main reason, but Ihate half orcs so the re-skin was the perfect answer

Luinnar

First Post
I went over mercurial to help, don't have time for any more now sorry :( (should I email the judges when I go through character sheets? Also, you only need 1 judge approval, correct?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads