• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

L4W Discussion Thread V

Kalidrev

First Post
Cov,

I've got to say that those adventure synopsis are the best thing since sliced bread! Very well done; I would love to see those for all of the adventures being run!

covaithe

Explorer
I don't know who did it but I found this back up of character information for L4W:

Category:L4W - ENWiki

The anonymous person who set it up... thank you!

Wow, that's awesome.

I'm guessing it's probably Morrus' doing, since it looks like a full backup of the actual database. It has version history, and appears to have been done within the last few days. I don't think you get those things without doing a proper full export of the database using mediawiki backup scripts.

Cov,

I've got to say that those adventure synopsis are the best thing since sliced bread! Very well done; I would love to see those for all of the adventures being run!

They're useful, aren't they? I can't take credit for the idea; LEW has them:

Living ENWorld:History

I just wish I had time to keep up with the ones I've started.

Dekana

Explorer
Something about the spacing in the code is screwing it up. Ashir's page looks fine if I copy the code and paste it as
Code:
{{L4W:Character
|Name=Ashir
|Player=renau1g
|Level=1
|Class=Wizard
|Race=Genasi
|Size=Medium
|XP=0
|Initiative=+0
|Perception=12
|Senses=none
|Insight=12
|HP=22
|Bloodied=11
|SurgeValue=5
|Surges=7
|AC=14
|Fortitude=15
|Reflex=14
|Will=14
|Speed=6
|Alignment=Unaligned
|Languages=Common, Primordial
|Str=18 (+4)
|Con=12 (+1)
|Dex=10 (+0)
|Int=18 (+4)
|Wis=14 (+2)
|Cha=8 (-1)
|Racial=Elemental Origin, Elemental Manifestation (Stormsoul: +1 Fort, Resist Lightning 5, Promise of Storm)
|ClassFeature=Arcane Implement Mastery (Tome of Readiness), cantrips, ritual casting, spellbook
|Feats=Elemental Empowerment, Ritual Caster
|Skills=Arcana +9, Endurance +8, Nature +9, Religion +9
|Rituals=Portend Weather (Nature), Create Campsite (Nature), Tenser's Floating Disc (Arcana)
|BasicAttack=Staff +6 vs AC 1d8+4 damage
|BasicRangedAttack=na
}}
But if I copy/paste the exact same code without the formatting, the templates aren't used.

Edit: Ah, it's actually the <br> lines that are messing it up. They can't be in the reference to the template "{{{L4W:Character" vs "{{L4W:Character<br>". I think they're okay anywhere else.
I didn't run into this problem when copying over the sheets from enworld. I always went to the edit screen of a sheet, copied all the code, and pasted it as-is. The <br> lines weren't there, so I'm thinking that you're using a different method to copy the code.

Last edited:

Remove ads