L4W Discussion Thread V

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Iron Sky's mage is a tiefling with Hellfire Blood, 20 starting Int, and superior implement. Speaking of which, the Assassin multiclass now only gives proficiency with ki foci. You'll need to MC swordmage or sorcerer for the dagger, warlock or artificer for the equivalent rod, or pick up Arcane Implement Proficieny.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Iron Sky's mage is a tiefling with Hellfire Blood, 20 starting Int, and superior implement. Speaking of which, the Assassin multiclass now only gives proficiency with ki foci. You'll need to MC swordmage or sorcerer for the dagger, warlock or artificer for the equivalent rod, or pick up Arcane Implement Proficieny.

Where does it list which multiclasses give what proficiency? I'm mostly still using the old CB + Compendium, so it's hard to figure out.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
I don't know if such a list exists; the above was just from memory. Which was faulty, since you could also MC Invoker for rods. Monk and Assassin MC's were errataed to only give ki foci here.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I don't know if such a list exists; the above was just from memory. Which was faulty, since you could also MC Invoker for rods. Monk and Assassin MC's were errataed to only give ki foci here.

Hm. I originally had Implement Proficiency(Daggers), but I changed to to MC Assassin since it seemed to be the same thing + a bunch more. Maybe swordmage then...

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
There are several you can choose from. The "Accurate" implement (Accurate Staff, Accurate Rod, etc.) is the one you would be looking for. Non-magic versions cost more (about 20-25gp for the Accurate ones). Others do other things if to hit isn't the main thing (A psion telepath can rock it with the orb that enhances psychic damage, for example).

stonegod

Let is be known that I'm retiring Dang't for Damen, my (unapproved) Drow Thief. I had fun with the little bugger, but its time to move on.

Oh, FWIW, I've made corrections to Fracture, who also needs approval.

LogicsFate

First Post
There are several you can choose from. The "Accurate" implement (Accurate Staff, Accurate Rod, etc.) is the one you would be looking for. Non-magic versions cost more (about 20-25gp for the Accurate ones). Others do other things if to hit isn't the main thing (A psion telepath can rock it with the orb that enhances psychic damage, for example).

Ah thanks, Magic Versions don't cost more just have to have the feat?

I'm thinking of doing my character redo and grabbing that feat, I'd like to hit things.

stonegod

Judges: Need Clarification

Judges: Please Clarify Retirement Rules

So, Fissure died in an horrible near-TPK in a fluffy game.

I decided to "retool" Fissure into Fracture, a revenant version of Fissure "come-back wrong" using the retirement rules.

I created Fracture using Fissure's XP. Option A of the retirement rules say "Create the new character at the same level as the old character" while Option B is the "create one at a lower level, but gain XP to bank for other character." So, I wrote down Fissure's XP for Fracture.

I have been told by a non-Judge reviewer that this was incorrect, and that 970 XP Fissure earned above the 3rd level mark is wasted (as Option A has no "unused XP rewarded back to you" option). I see both potential readings in what is in the charter.

If loosing XP w/o compensation is the case, I need to know so I can pull Fracture out of r1's game until this issue is resolved (either through DM points [which will waste 1 as he only needs 1.06 of one] or proposal).

Thanks.

Remove ads