D&D 4E Lack of interst in posting since 4e announcement?

Turanil

First Post
Yeah, I am posting less and less on ENworld, having become much less interested in d20 over time, and having absolutely no interest in 4e (which I see but as a money-grab scheme). Nowadays I post much more on Dragonsfoot, which has become my forum of choice.

joela

First Post
more than ever

sckeener said:
Just curious if anyone else feels a holding pattern, or waiting, or just a lack of interest in posting since the 4e announcement?

Nope. Posting more than ever as I become more active in gaming as a regular GM in years. But I post on several sites; my posting is greater than my tag indicates it to be.

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
My posting has remained about the same.
But really it's because I have month old twins, and using the laptop and perusing ENWorld is the only thing I have time to do in between the screams and such.

Xyanthon

First Post
It has been quite a while since I've posted. Not sure why really but I just haven't had the urge. Plus I do't spend much time on the boards at all lately. I'd rather be doing art or reading.

Elf Witch

First Post
I have never posted a lot but I was always and avid reader. I used to come here several times a day. But since the big 4E announcment I have noticed my desire has waned.

I don't look at the 4E threads at all anymore because I am sick of the rumors and speculation on things we don't know a lot about. I am also tired of the pro rah rah 4E fans getting pissy over the people who post to say they don't like the direction or even as aspect of the new game.

I have no plans at this time to switch my game to 4E and I guess deep down I am realizing that when 4E comes out I won't have a place to post here anymore because I won't be playing it and since my game is still going to be 3E most of the advice won't be relative to my game. So my interest has already started going.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Elf Witch said:
I have no plans at this time to switch my game to 4E and I guess deep down I am realizing that when 4E comes out I won't have a place to post here anymore because I won't be playing it and since my game is still going to be 3E most of the advice won't be relative to my game. So my interest has already started going.

Don't worry - there are many of us in this same 3E boat and we'll still be here until they kick us out. :)

The Green Adam

First Post
I have noticed a slow down of interesting topics that do not directly address 4E, the end of 3E or anything of that nature. At least it seems to be that there is a distinct lack of general RPG ideas being discussed as opposed to, say, 3-4 months back. I haven't really read anything I've felt the need to comment on or brainstorm about because frankly, I got tired of D&D long, long ago. My own opinion of this new MMRPG (just dropped the 'Online') is that it sound even more limiting instead of less and I already find D20 too limiting. For me.

I must emphasize that this is all IMHO. Its just a feeling I have with no right or wrong or attempt to sway the opinion of other placed upon it.

Time will be the judge as always.

AD

Last edited:

Remove ads