• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LANAI] The Rod of Seven Parts: Into the Crucible

Rhun

First Post
Rowan smiles at his half-orc companion. "Go ahead and rest a bit, Phud. Although I don't quite think it is time to sleep for the night, a break is certainly in order." With that said, the halfling looks about for a rock to sit on, and quietly takes a seat. The black furred rat in his pack crawls out and perches on his shoulder, and the two chitter to one another as Rowan offers his companion a few morsels of food from his pouch.

How long have we been exploring for so far, CB?

hafrogman

Adventurer
Rhys points to the ceiling.

"Here would not be a wise place to sleep. . . more of those spike creatures lurk above. Keep your eyes open."

Brain

First Post
Arden loads her crossbow. "Hey, would you piercers like to parlay? No? That's a shame." She maneuvers for a better shot and tries to make sure that they aren't moving for a new tunnel. She carefully aims, trying to hit the fleshy base rather than the shell.

Rhun

First Post
Rowan chuckles at Arden as she asks the piercers to parlay. "I would guess that these caverns are filled with those things. And since they can move, I'd suggest that when we do settle down for the night, out sentries keep their eyes open for trouble from above."

pallandrome

First Post
Wyleck raises an eyebrow, "Hey, no need to be snooty to us just cause yer in a bad mood. Lets see if we can find where these fellas are running off to. We've only been up an hour yet, and frankly, I'm just not ready for another nap."

Arden draws a careful bead on the soft underbelly of the piercer scuttling along the ceiling and looses a bolt from her crossbow. The projectile slams into the retreating piercer, sending shards of calcified shell outward in a satisfying explosion. The two remaining piercers redouble their pace and shoot off, away to the south of the cavern.

Brain

First Post
Arden smiles at her marksmanship, and stalks after the other piercers, reloading her crossbow. "Come on, let's finish these things off."

Crossbow in hand, Arden shuffles after the two remaining piercers. She takes aim, misses once, but in the end comes out the victor. Bits of broken outer shell and splattered slug-like flesh drop from the ceiling to the cavern floor. This area of the large cave has no mushrooms. Arden spots the ripple of water softly illuminated on the ceiling and walls of the cavern's southeastern corner. A quick investigation reveals a muddy pool of water with a current coming up from somewhere that causes the water to eddy.

G

Guest 11456

Phud : Male Half-Orc Sorcerer 1 / Barbarian 1

After resting a bit and regaining his breath, Phud seems ready to go. "Phud gooder now. Ready go." He looks at the others. "Which way?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads