TSR LaNasa is back, and working with TSR Hobbies

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
They have products now... sort of...
View attachment 145746
It appears they are reselling MTG, D&D 5E, and other things. But some links are still 404. Also, some links takes one to a different website which looks like an online used game reseller, where all the prices are Canadian.
View attachment 145747
That's a separate Canadian company. Different logo, too.

There's also a Wizard's Tower Games in New Hampshire.

Sacrosanct

Legend
What was the reason they gave for moving their con to the dates of Gary Con?
They said they couldn't afford or manage the logistics of using Horticulture Hall, so according to @TSR-Hobbies, Justin said, "Hey, let's use the same dates as Gary Con since we want to celebrate Gary as well!"

If I were a betting man, I'd bet it's because coordinating a convention and running one is a lot of work, and these guys don't know how to do it. For example, they have their flyer listed as a convention, but it's located in a small converted house? Can I run a convention from my living room? How is that going to work? Where is the events list? Events submissions forms? Badges? Security? Permits? Etc, etc. So they figure why not ride the coattails of GaryCon and not worry about running an actual convention or the logistics related to that (travel, attendance, hotels, etc). Basically, let Luke do all the work and coordination, and then try to profit off of it.

I'll also note that Michael denied that Justin asked money from Luke (Garycon) for use of the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum and said it was false, but Luke has confirmed that months ago Justin asked for $5000 to use the DHM and Luke said "no". I can tell you which of the two has more credibility than the other.

It seems pretty clear, based on what I've read from each, that this is just another money grab from Justin to cash in on the work Luke has done.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
If I were a betting man, I'd bet it's because coordinating a convention and running one is a lot of work, and these guys don't know how to do it. For example, they have their flyer listed as a convention, but it's located in a small converted house? Can I run a convention from my living room? How is that going to work?
In fairness, it can work on a very small scale - after all, weren't the first few GenCons held in someone's basement, before it got big enough to need a larger venue?

That said, it's likely an attempt to cash in on people like me, who - if I ever make it to GaryCon - would want to do the gamer-tourist thing and check out the RPG-related historic sites in town...and oh look, I can't get into this one as there's another Con being held there, so I'll have to pay...

...sigh.

Hey, writing in Notepad can be useful if you want to be sure there isn't any embedded formatting. And Notepad++ is great for code.

It's like they write everything in Notepad so a spellchecker won't gate-keep their language of FREEDOM (from stuff they don't like)!

I'll leave my commentary at that. At this point I think I am utterly incapable of taking anything from these people seriously or at face value.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases