TSR LaNasa is back, and working with TSR Hobbies

Faolyn

(she/her)
One of their games is Dungeon Crawl. And... I cannot with this tag line.

245401270_136698738690636_4790728942152141_n.jpg

... yup.
This reminds me of FATAL, which bragged about how difficult it was to play. Like that's a selling point or something.

Arilyn

Hero
You know...

You could probably do a VRBO style House Con in a mansion type environment with private pools and stuff. Do a whole weekend thing, or even a week-long thing. Something like...

7 bedrooms. "Sleeps" 14. Rent it for $700/night, that's $50/person.

9 Bedrooms. "Sleeps" 20. Rent it for $589/night. That's $30/night, Would be craaaazy.
What??? You're just asking for someone to get murdered. 😂

It does actually look awesome!

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
What??? You're just asking for someone to get murdered. 😂

It does actually look awesome!

PERFECT. Seattle Washington "Castle".

c2b47525.f10.jpg

7cf53060.f10.jpg

c1f82800.f10.jpg

29618ae4.f10.jpg
ab0413be.f10.jpg

$650/night, sleeps 25. $26 a night per person.

Set that up for a 4-day Weekend, get 40-50 people to show up. Put the excess toward Food, Drinks, and Entertainment...

Heck... we could launch a Kickstarter for the "Level Up Team" to get a 4-day Weekend hanging out there... That would probably be well loved be the whole team.

Steampunkette

Supporter
How come it's linked/embedded in the website that they linked from their FB page? I didn't get there randomly.

There are dead fish under every corner.
Honestly... I don't know.

Maybe they planned to have WizardTower.com, or just put it in as a placeholder, and didn't know it was occupied? 'Cause it says it's Canadian at the bottom of the website.

Wizard Tower.png

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
No idea, not a lawyer. Maybe they registered it somewhere else, but Wizards Tower Games is not a registered LLC in MI, WI, SC, or NC (the states where they live or lived in).

Don Semora is a real person. An artist (not a bad one either from what I can tell), but it seems like he's letting Justin do all the web design and graphic design work on his games, because the really bad grammar and spelling issues are exactly how Justin writes. That, or part of Justin is rubbing off on him.

Whoever wrote that threatening email (if anyone really did; I'm dubious) is an idiot. Not only for making a dumb threat in the first place, but it's also written in the same bad grammar as Justin, and apparently Don and Justin are "great friends" according to Don, so an email like that would just reinforce the partnership, not split it apart. Also, AFAICT, Wizard Tower Games doesn't have any actual products for sale (imagine the surprise there), so what's to boycott and talk bad about in the first place?

Just look at the flyer they have for TSR CON (still not buying the excuse they gave for moving it to the same date as Garycon). Most of these "sponsors" were registered by Justin. Wizard Tower Games says they aren't affiliated with Justin at all (but also say they are partnered??), but they were created the same time the other two were (June/July) when nuTSR blew up in their faces, by the same circle of people. Funny coincidence, that. Out of all of them is the coffee place the only one with actual products to sell? Besides dollar store dice at 4x the markup?

View attachment 145743
Thank you for the information - I had missed the Semora bit, and only saw a nameless Don - I was wondering if he was another Michael, but not, it's a real person.

Anyway, I found another twist!

Apparently smuggler's coffee is not sponsoring them.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
How come it's linked/embedded in the website that they linked from their FB page? I didn't get there randomly.

There are dead fish under every corner.
Weird that it's linked in their own FB page. (I can't see the FB page.)
But the actual URL is:
I don't think the two are related. The logos do appear to be different.

Steampunkette

Supporter
Ooh! What an exciting twist on the whole "murder-hobo" thing!

"40 gamers go in. Only one comes out!"
Honestly that castle would be amazing for a Murder Mystery Live Action game...
Weird that it's linked in their own FB page. (I can't see the FB page.)
But the actual URL is:
I don't think the two are related. The logos do appear to be different.
Well, y'know, clown-show of coordination...

Remove ads