DMs Guild Landing my first RPG on DMsguild

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Any advise about writing and setting an adventure is more than welcome. I wasn't sure what to reveal so I kept most of the information for myself as I am not entirely sure if I will include them all in my adventure.

Some advice from a GM's perspective. An adventure you want people to play as an rpg is not a novel, and shouldn't be structured in the same way. Twists and surprises are cool; but they are to surprise the players in the course of the game, not to surprise the GM reading your pdf. When you're structuring your adventure, don't hide the twist for a big reveal - put it there plain and centre at the start for the GM to understand what's going on.

Maybe this advice is very obvious, but it seems to me that many people writing adventures (including big, professional publishers) don't seem to get it.

Good luck with your adventure.

AlexQQ

wannabe RPG writer
First of all I love your name, it reminds of Gothic II, one of the very first quests was to work as a farm hand and colllect turnips all day for a few gold pieces. It was one of the best RPGs I have ever played. Any advise is good and I understand why you said it but it will be all there, at the adventure background. I am just not sure how this is going to work yet and I really want to tweak it until I am really happy and content about it before revealing anything. I want to finish the first draft and then start tweaking it sentence by sentence. My perfectionism is both with me and against me I guess.

AlexQQ

wannabe RPG writer
Adventure Time Reaction GIF

Remove ads