• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Last Night IMC

Infiniti2000

First Post
"Last night" is really just a couple of hours ago. So, the heroes are taking on a duskblade, rog/rgr/dragon stalker, and a white dragon. The fighter tumbles up to attack the dragon, which then turns around and mauls him on a full attack. The fighter then tumbles over to the duskblade, who turns around and vampiric touches, etc. He's hurt badly and tries to tumble away, but fails the check and provokes and gets killed. The cleric then casts destruction on the nearly full HP Old white, who manages to roll a natural 1. Wait, it gets better. The NPC that the heroes are trying to save is dim hop'd to the roof of a short building, followed immediately by the duskblade, and so now both are next to the stalker, who readies a sword on the NPC should the heroes attack. The heroes ignore the threat (reasoning not pertinent to this story) and the sorcerer drops in a confusion. The stalker saves, the duskblade does not. Continuing their assault, the druid (currently wild shaped as a boar) hits the duskblade with a baleful polymorph. She fails the first one, succeeds on the second one. So, yes, we have a confused chicken with 84 hit points (and 16 temporary hit points from a previous use of vampiric touch on the fighter). Moreover, from what I understand the duskblade's skills are still available, so the chicken climbs down the easy-to-climb building (15ft high, even treating its strength as '1'). Now picture that for a moment.

The chicken was just attacked by the druid (played by my wife), so it's making its way to go fight the boar. The other heroes are busy with the dragon stalker, and leave the duskblade chicken to the capable hands of the druid-boar. My wife, God bless her, says, "I charge the chicken." Now, how often do you actually get to say that in character? The chicken was eventually beaten, and the dragon stalker taken prisoner, but lots of fun was had by all (even the player of the fighter).

Unfortunately, then someone had to make a comment about ham and eggs fighting.

Now, whether you find this funny or not, it really happened. :)

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Wow, that's a classic! :D :lol:

And there I was thinking it was cool having turned Imix, Dark Elemental Prince of Fire into a (very angry) chicken with my Halfling Wizard.... (another natural 1) :)

Thanks for the story.

Thanatos

Banned
Banned
...and he scores! 2 points!

That was a great story...thanks for sharing.

and thus a new saying around the gaming table was born "That's it, I'm charging the chicken!"

Infiniti2000 said:
The chicken was just attacked by the druid (played by my wife), so it's making its way to go fight the boar. The other heroes are busy with the dragon stalker, and leave the duskblade chicken to the capable hands of the druid-boar. My wife, God bless her, says, "I charge the chicken."

I'm having flashbacks to the Heretic videogame. :)

Cool story.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads