• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Later core book printings

Almacov

First Post
Out of curiosity, how would you folks feel about the idea of future printings of the 4e PHB or other core books being revised to include errata, tweaked for easier readability, including all the new keywords, and/or some new artwork?

If you have a PHB, would you buy another copy, provided these changes were made?

My curiosity was sparked by noticing that the art gallery at wizards.com for the PHB seems to have a few images and diagrams that are not in the book.
(Like these:
114174_CN_GL.jpg
114192_CN_GL.jpg
)

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Players Handbook)

Of course, these may just be assets that didn't make the cut into the final book.
If this were the harbinger of a new PHB1 release though, how would you feel?
What changes (if any) would you want?

[Keep in mind I'm by know means suggesting that we'll ever see a full-blown 4.5e release. I'm not trying to start a forum war. =P]

Last edited:

Obryn

Hero
I think it does players a disservice when future printings don't include errata. Including errata should be standard practice, IMO.

How would I feel? Indifferent. DDI makes it fairly irrelevant to me. And even if it didn't, I wouldn't begrudge new players a cleaner book than I bought. :)

-O

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
If WotC printed a new, errata inclusive, printing of the core books - and they started selling pdf's again - then yes, I'd buy a new one.

I don't actually play 4E, but I do mine the system for ideas in my own games. I'd prefer and updated and "correct" version.

Wik

First Post
Not only would I, but I have.

When wotc re-released the 3.5E PHB as a softcover (with errata included) I bought myself a copy. And it's still one of my favourite 3e products, simply because it's a softcover, and it has all the subtle errata printed right in.

I know a lot of people hate softcover books, but I love 'em. If wotc released a softcover PHB, I'd probably buy it.

falcarrion

First Post
No I wouldn't buy a new book. Here is the advantage of pdfs. You just download an updated version. Wizards did just this on the core books before pulling all pdfs off the market.

Almacov

First Post
Here are a couple more:
114172_CN_GL.jpg

114200_CN_GL.jpg

Personally, I'd love to have an errata-ed, more reader-friendly PHB. I'd gladly purchase a copy.
The only thing that would bother me is if they included genuinely new rules content that wasn't in the first printing or available free online.

karlindel

First Post
I wouldn't mind picking up a new PHB copy if it included the errata. My current one has been a bit water-damaged, but is still serviceable, and having the errata and other changes (like new keywords) would justify the expense to me.

wedgeski

Adventurer
Hmm, probably not. The DDI handles that stuff seamlessly for me (and I love the way every item has a change history built-in, that's just excellent).

questing gm

First Post
I've been waiting for the next print run of the core rulebooks that will include the errata. It's the only reason that's holding me back from buying them.

I thought there was a thread about this quite a while ago where the Rouser mentioned that once the current supply of books are running low, the next one would include the erratas?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads