• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Later core book printings

Almacov

First Post
Hey folks, just thought to check the DMG gallery for images not found in the books too.
There's some pretty great stuff there... I'm kindof hoping they see print.

DMG Art Gallery

116380_CN_GL.jpg

116379_CN_GL.jpg

Almacov

First Post
Well, I just checked the MM Art Gallery, and there are a couple of images in there that aren't in the book either.

These ones are making it seem more like they're just leftovers that didn't make the cut though.

114797_CN_GL.jpg

The arbalester, pictured on the left, has been published with different art in the MM2.

SiderisAnon

First Post
There is a legitimate concern with rules changes - even if a rules change is vitally needed to make the game better, you don't want the player and the DM to be looking at different rulebooks.

This point is exactly why I know that with the 3.5 PHB, WoTC made changes to the book for later printings.

A player and I were debating a spell use in my game. I totally disagreed with how he believed it worked. So, I read the spell text to him from my PHB. His book was very different. Turned out that there were multiple versions of the PHB at our table and this was part of the misunderstanding over spells that was going on.

As much as I see the value of putting the errata in, there needs to be something clearly marking changes or at least a large version number on the book so we know.

This point is exactly why I know that with the 3.5 PHB, WoTC made changes to the book for later printings.

A player and I were debating a spell use in my game. I totally disagreed with how he believed it worked. So, I read the spell text to him from my PHB. His book was very different. Turned out that there were multiple versions of the PHB at our table and this was part of the misunderstanding over spells that was going on.

As much as I see the value of putting the errata in, there needs to be something clearly marking changes or at least a large version number on the book so we know.
Agreed. In scientific literature, you have a foreword for each printing which summarizes the changes in some chapters. And they are usually not hesitant to admit errors (printing and real errors). And maybe an appendix at the end which lists changes. No harm done and all should be glad.

To your problem with differing rules: be glad that you noticed this change and that you know about this error.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads