Learn about D&D organized play options

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
September is starting to come up real quick and the Rage of Demons is too. Heck since the last post here we have had Harried in Hillsfar released via Dragon+ Issue 3 and the 'Appendix to the Players Guide' looks to be there too.

Im already seeing lots of announcements of the game days running Harried in Hillsfar soon.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
http://dndadventurersleague.org/rage-of-demons-players-guide/

Rage of Demon's Player's Guide (3.0)

No real changes for chargen, but the RoD storyline doesn't all the EE races or spells nor does it allow the unreleased Sword Coast Book. Pretty sparse. Unless Appendix A of Out of the Abyss is good, its on par with ToD in terms of material allowed and you're probably better off using the EE story origin...

Are you saying Elemental Evil Races and Spells are not available during character creation? We have at least two people that want to Genasi.

Edit: Just read Metric's post. Sorry, spoke too soon.

Btw, we're starting up next week (Sept. 2nd) with a Session 0 and beginning Harried in Hillsfar.

Last edited:

Remathilis

Legend
Are you saying Elemental Evil Races and Spells are not available during character creation? We have at least two people that want to Genasi.

Edit: Just read Metric's post. Sorry, spoke too soon.

Btw, we're starting up next week (Sept. 2nd) with a Session 0 and beginning Harried in Hillsfar.

Yeah, it was a bit of a misunderstanding for me too. Still, having seen the preview of Appendix A of OotA, I can't imagine any reason to NOT pick EE as your story origin. You're trading two variant background features and a bunch of bonds for three additional races and a bunch of new spells for every caster-class but cleric/paladin.

Tyranthraxus

Explorer
Unless you are going to play a Cleric (because they didnt get any new spells in EE) or wanted to play one of the EE races Id go with the new ROD storyline. You are right about other spellcasters though.

Im attempt to build a Rogue/Cleric with DM credit and I think Im going to pick ROD just because no new spells.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Incidentally, you can only take the Hillsfar Backgrounds if you have the Rage of Demons story origin. But if you want one of the EE races or some of the new spells, stick with EE.

Cheers!

Remove ads