• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LEB Discussion Thread '10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otakkun

Explorer
The 4E world sure changed with the last errata, so I'm quite glad that I haven't posted my second character yet.

Anyhow, is there any chance we may migrate to using iplay4e or something else as an alternative to the character templates? Really, using those is really annoying and it keeps a ton of players away from LEB.

EDIT: Not to mention that I still haven't finished updating my sheet into 5th level for the same reason >.>

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
iplay4e requires a ddi subscription. Considering some very active players have expressed an inability to pay that cost it is generally not considered an option to make it a requirement.

The wiki is going away and allot of discussion has come up on wether to move to a new wiki or try and replace it with something else. Theres a relatively active thread over at L4W about it. I have been developing a google spreadsheet as a possible alternative.

The most recent version is here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AiWLkLp99JbadGQ1RUE0SU14RmtibkJoUVVCZDRzQUE&hl=en

Otakkun

Explorer
Ouch...

Well, I guess what I'm saying is that we should have the option to use either iplay4e or the template, not just one or the other.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
That doesn't help non-DDI judges/DMs (SC's thread link talks about this in detail).

LEB will have to change, we just haven't figured out how/what yet.

Otakkun

Explorer
On a different note, do we accept backgrounds from Scales of War? Say Auspicious Birth? Also, what about stat changes? There's always retiring a character and rolling one from scratch but I'm just fishing for a better alternative here now that so much has changed for warlocks.

renau1g

First Post
What changed for warlocks? I didn't see anything for them.

Also, no scales of war, the backgrounds basically let you have either +2 to a skill, learn a new language, or get a non-class skill as a class skill.

Re: stat modification. I think we have the option for an "overhaul" once you level up (L4W does for sure) to swap around stats if you need... what are you thinking?

Otakkun

Explorer
Nothing much really, just wondering what can I do, since the idea of a CHA based melee warlock is something I'm testing as we play :cool:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
That doesn't help non-DDI judges/DMs (SC's thread link talks about this in detail).

LEB will have to change, we just haven't figured out how/what yet.

How many non-DDI judges are floating around?

Seriously.

With the amount of material available, how can any judge keep up without DDI to check a template? Sure, the PC might have all of the info available in the template, but I often see missing stuff on various people's PC sheets.

I think that if a DM is not going to have DDI, then he has to list a requirement that players in his adventure have to spell everything out on their character sheet like the current template.

But if the DM has DDI and the player does as well, just posting the summary from DDI and possibly sending the character sheet file to the DM should suffice. This also alleviates the need for judges to go over the templates with a fine toothed comb as well.

I think people probably turn away when they see how daunting the template is. I know I almost turned away. My first thought was WTF? Are these guys serious about this? It's something like 12 pages in my web browser. I know that over 3/4ths of my current table group would never put in that kind of effort.

elecgraystone

First Post
With the amount of material available, how can any judge keep up without DDI to check a template? Sure, the PC might have all of the info available in the template, but I often see missing stuff on various people's PC sheets.
DDI is far from perfect so everything should be spelled out anyway. Make a character once and give it a mage's weapon parrying dagger. DDI can't figure out you should get a +1 to AC. Give yourself a farbond spellblade or a hungry spear and it can't figure out it's a thrown weapon. Give yourself one of the many items that 'act as an implement' and it can't figure out it's an implement. Don't try anything with two weapons...

Heck I found a power the other day that was mising part of the block (since it was just a test character looking at martial 2 stuff I can't recall what it was). Oh, another fun fact, it seems that DDI counts a spiked gauntlet as using your hand while a magic one doesn't. It lead to some interesting times trying to figure out why the powers weren't working right with the new grab fighter when they have a spiked glove and a melee weapon equiped...

Don't get me wrong, DDI is great but if I used it's math, 1/2 the characters I make up would be wrong. Judges should pull out that fine tooth comb for DDI info too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads