• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Leesburg, Virginia, seeking 1 more player

Felix

Explorer
What kind of transport is there from DC to Leesburg at night? And is there anything going back into DC later at night?

Also, my weekends are more free now that rowing season is over (I coach, and March to November is booked). So it wouldn't necessarily have to be only weeknights.

Yeti, are there any of your Alexandria folks that might be interested in carpooling?

Tohoshie

First Post
well, leesburg itself is a commuter town. no one lives here jus drives through it. but, i don't think there's any evening transportation from dc to leesburg. but, i do know that you can ride the metro rail to falls church which is only about 15 min or so away from leesburg. but, i do know a few round about ways to getting places, involves alot of bus transfers but still possible.

Troll Wizard

First Post
Sorry that my game filled up so fast, but too many players make the combat rounds take too long and diffiicult to provide a few minutes of attention to the individual player's rpg moments where there are too many of them.

Since you looking to form another group in Leesburg, here is a link to the local communter bus service: Local Bus Service

And if you are trying to find additional players, there is also:

dcrpg : Washington, DC area Roleplaying Games

nova-gaming : NOVA Gaming (probably dead, as no one has used in 2 years)

I believe WOTC still has a player finder forum as well, but since the gleemax fiasco and other issues, I have generally stayed away from that mess.

Thanks

Jose

Felix

Explorer
Troll Wizard, thanks for the yahoo links; I've posted something on there and already have a reply.

Tohoshie and Yeti, email me your addresses so we can start talking times and other particulars. I've gotten one response from a guy out in Leesburg, so it looks like your neck of the woods is becoming more and more likely.

Storm Raven

First Post
I'd be interested in something in the Leesburg area as well. I live in Round Hill (between Leesburg and Winchester) so anything in that area would work for me.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
I'd be interested in something in the Leesburg area as well. I live in Round Hill (between Leesburg and Winchester) so anything in that area would work for me.
I thought you had a long running game there in Round Hill.

I'm trying to hook up with a group that plays up in Inwood, WV over on Pen and Paper.

Storm Raven

First Post
I thought you had a long running game there in Round Hill.

I'm trying to hook up with a group that plays up in Inwood, WV over on Pen and Paper.

I did, but the group broke up after a couple years of playing. People moved, changed jobs, and so on. It happens. I find myself now in between groups. I took a modest break to get some real world things done, but find myself looking to game again.

Last edited:

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
I did, but the group broke up after a couple years of playing. People moved, changed jobs, and so on. It happens. I find myself now in between groups. I took a modest break to get some real world things done, but find myself looking to game again.
If you want to set something up, by all means. Your on my way home everyday, and I have to slow down for the County that likes to sit up there by the Covered Wagon anyways.

Felix

Explorer
It looks like we have a group:

The Yeti, Tohoshie, Storm Raven, Felix from these boards...

And 3 guys from DCRPG... Tiger of the Wind, Marshall Smith, and Aaron (Unless this is you, Storm Raven)

I've started a new thread over in "Talking the Talk" so we can get out of Troll Wizard's hair. It's Here.

Sweet!

How's about a get together for a few beers? I'm no good until after Thanksgiving... maybe the Friday after?

And, uh, anyone interested in DMing?

Storm Raven

First Post
It looks like we have a group:

The Yeti, Tohoshie, Storm Raven, Felix from these boards...

And 3 guys from DCRPG... Tiger of the Wind, Marshall Smith, and Aaron (Unless this is you, Storm Raven)

I've started a new thread over in "Talking the Talk" so we can get out of Troll Wizard's hair. It's Here.

Sweet!

How's about a get together for a few beers? I'm no good until after Thanksgiving... maybe the Friday after?

And, uh, anyone interested in DMing?

Aaron on DCRPG is me. Still, that's six people interested. I can DM, but It will take me a bit of time to get things up and running. I'm also no good until after Thanksgiving, and the next two weekeds are probably going to be bad for me too, but we'll see what we can work out.

Remove ads