• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy and Legend: M&M Game (Potential Open Slots)

Silverlion

Explorer
Since DH is busy. I'm proposing a game whose premise is a group of friends are all empowered by the same event--which occurs in their teenage years 13-15 (roughly Junior High Age).

Characters should be PL2 with no powers or combat feats without solid reasoning behind it. Please post concept and PC here. Once the first session is played out and the "event" occurs players will be allowed to stack 4 PL's atop that in powers, skills, feats etc and the game will move to high school age.

The world will be an original one of my own in which supers existed in the 20's (a few were known) but the population of appearant heroes/villais doubles every 20
years (seemingly.) the 40's had more a few teams instead of lone individuals scattered across the globe. The 60's had several teams, the 80's many--but a terrible event in the 90's actually halved the population of heroes (but not villains!). Now it's 2004...

There have been two widely known alien invasions one in the 40's (which was a war mongering shapeshifting species who infiltrated Japan, Germany and Itally finding their "fascist" regimes most familiar and comfortable. ) and then one in the 60's when a number of alien "bombs" were dropped which turned into giant vaguely insect humanoid robots that proceeded to cut a swatch of destruction through the capitol cities and high populateion areas.

I can add more details, so ask questions too :)

The Game will be played 7i30 (? if that's ok) to 11 CST on Fridays every other week. (Starting the cycle the day after US Thanksgiving--if people can play we'll start that Friday if not, it will skip one and start two weeks later)

Note: I will also put this game on hold for any weeks necessary for Doc Hazards M&M game that need to be consecutive. Otherwise we can switch back and forth. Hopefully allowing him to play as well.

Last edited:

DanMcS

Explorer
Silverlion said:
The Game will be played 7i30 (? if that's ok) to 11 CST on Fridays every other week. (Starting the cycle the day after US Thanksgiving--if people can play we'll start that Friday if not, it will skip one and start two weeks later)

So you're going to play by chat, or by post?

riledguy

First Post
Level 2

Do we use level 2 as the cap for the phisical abilites and skills or just for the amount of points but 4 is the cap?

Silverlion

Explorer
riledguy said:
Do we use level 2 as the cap for the phisical abilites and skills or just for the amount of points but 4 is the cap?

Cap should be the same for a PL2 PC...without pulling out my book---whatever limites the rules impose should be appropriate.

riledguy

First Post
My character: Alex Braun

Alex Braun

Concept: Kid really into Space Flight
PL 2; PP 30 ; HP 1

Abilities: [4 pp]
Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10

Saves:
Dmg +0 (+0 Prt), Fort +0, Ref +0, Will +3 (1 + 2 Iron Will)

Combat: [10 pp]
Attack: Melee +2, Ranged +2, Mental +3
Defense: 12/12, Mental 13
Init +0; Run 30/60/120; Size Medium

Skills: [12 pp]
Bonus: Str +0, Dex +0, Con +0, Int +1, Wis +1, Cha +0
Computers +3 (2), Science: Chemistry +6 (5), Science: Physics +9 (5)

Feats: [4 pp]
Iron Will, Skill Focus: Physics

Sex: Male
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 125
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark Brown

Description: Pretty average looking kid who keeps his hair slicked back 50s style. Clean cut looking but not too fancy.

Personality: Very driven when it comes to the area of rockets and space flight. Loves all things aeronautic. Alex wants more then anything to develope rocket engines, possibly by finding a new type fuel other then liquid or solid. Known to blow things up on occasion when experimenting Alex can be a bit short sited when it comes to the pursuit of his dream. This can lead to reclessness but Alex is always putting himself in harms way and would never do anything that he thought might hurt someone else. So no rockets in the neighbors yard and he doesn't like to work on them with others.

Background: Alex enjoys a pretty normal life and was raised by supportive but frustrated parents who really don’t need to see any more burn marks in their back yard. Their neighbors, the third set in so many years, are really not big fans of Alex but they are very impressed with what he is able to do. Alex's parents hope that school will provide a place where the guidence that Alex needs to keep his skills in check will help keep their son out of danger.

Last edited:

WaterDragon

First Post
Name: Samuel Terrence Niccollas
PL 2 PP30 hp 1

age 13
height 5'6
weight 150
hair brown
eyes green

14 Str
12 dex
14 con
10 int
12 wis
10 chr

Saves:
Damage: 4, Fortitude:1, Reflex: 1, Will: 1

Base attack 1
Base defense 1

Skills
Drive: 2/1 spot 3/2 survival 2/1 swim 3/1

Feats
Toughness
Dodge

Sam has been playing football since he was 8 years old & he is pretty good at at. he really enjoys & works off a lot of his frustration at not being good at most other things on the field. he has recently started going camping with his grand pa (& he is falling in love with the forest) who has also started teaching him to drive.

Sam tends to be easing going & likes to hang out kids smarter then he is also he tends to protect them from getting picked on as he knows what it is like to be picked on himself. he dosent like his name & NEVER tells anyone his middle name as that always leads to trouble.

he is the only son of a divorce father who is a bit distant as works very hard to make enough for them to get by on. Sam's grandfater owns a farm & sometimes takes care of sam if his fater has to go away on bussiness trip.

Last edited:

riledguy

First Post
Your character looks good.. I like that he is a good kid who wants to help others. I think your math is off though. not sure how you can get 14s with a PL2 character.

DanMcS

Explorer
riledguy said:
Your character looks good.. I like that he is a good kid who wants to help others. I think your math is off though. not sure how you can get 14s with a PL2 character.

The PL limit doesn't apply to ability scores that I am aware of. PL gives the max BAB, BDB, skills, power ranks, and hero points, but ability scores always go up to 20.

Silverlion, I think I'd like to give this game a shot, but I'm not sure I can commit to being online friday evenings. I'll give it some more pondering tomorrow and see if you still have open slots- for sure, take somebody who can definitely do it over me.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads