• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy and Legend: M&M Game (Potential Open Slots)

Silverlion

Explorer
If people would find Thursdays easier I can certianly do that instead. However, is anyone upto/wanting to play today?

I'll be on aim as SilverlionMnM tonight so just let me know.

Insight

Adventurer
I don't think I'll be able to play tonight. I have company in town, and I'm somewhat obligated to spend time with them.

I should be available next Friday.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Jack (PL2)
secret ID: Jackson Reed
HP: 1

height: 5’9”
weight: 145
size: Medium
hair: Black
eyes: Green

~~~ABILITIES~~~
STR 12 +1
DEX 14 +2
CON 12 +1
INT 12 +1
WIS 12 +1
CHA 14 +2

~~~SAVES~~~
DMG +1
FORT +1
REF +2
WILL +1

~~~MOVEMENT~~~
INIT +2
SPD 30'

~~~COMBAT~~~
BASE DEFENSE 2
DEF 4
FLAT 2
MENTAL 3

BASE ATTACK 1
MELEE +2
RANGED +3
MENTAL +2

~~~SKILLS~~~
Acrobatics [+4/2 ranks]
Balance [+4/2 ranks]
Climb [+3/2 ranks]
Bluff [+4/2 ranks]
Gather Information [+4/2 ranks]
Intimidate [+4/2 ranks]
Taunt [+3/1 ranks]
Listen [+1/0 ranks]
Search [+1/0 ranks]
Spot [+1/0 ranks]
Move silently [+2/0 ranks]
Hide [+2/0 ranks]

~~~FEATS~~~
Dodge
Psychic Awareness

~~~POWERS~~~
none
-------------------------------------

~~~WEAKNESSES ~~~
Quirk: Demophobia. (Fear of Crowds)

~~~COST~~~
ABILITIES [16]
BASE ATT [3]
BASE DEF [4]
SKILLS [13]
FEATS [4]
POWERS [0]
WEAKNESS [-10]
TOTAL [30]
UNSPENT [0]

=====================
~~~BACKGROUND~~~
Jack comes from a very distinguished line of paranormal heroes. His grandfather was the Psychic detective called the Creeping Horror. And his Mother was the heroine Beautiful Vision.

Jack is the third in his family to have psychic gifts although they are very weak in Jack (amounting to his Psychic Awareness talent and nothing more) Jack Knows that the family’s abilities come from a pack that his great grandfather made with a supposed demon. His Grandfather was able to break the “debt/curse” laid on his line but at the expense of his sanity.

Jack’s mother Eileen was a sweet woman who used her psychic talent for manipulation people’s emotions and perception in a more loving way than her father used the gifts. She was gunned down about 6 months before the start of the game.

In the past year Jack and His mother had become very close, as she had given up crime fighting to raise jack and try to train him in the use of his gifts she started out teaching him some basic skills and defense moves but her death stopped the training. Jack’s mom had not had the time to pass on the powers that her father had passed to her on her 21st birthday and so it looks as if Jack will never have the powers that his grandfather or mother had.

Jack lives with his father who divorced Jack’s mom after he found out about her powers. He has told Jack that there will be “none of that crap” going on in his home.

Personality:
Jack is a serious person not given to fooling around and very much a loner. He was not always this was but after his mom died he closed himself away from his friends. Jack really hates his father but he has nowhere else to go.

Jack is studious and has shown great promise in acrobatics. He hopes to be a gymnast when he grows up.

Description:
Jack is tall and lanky He’s still really just starting to come out of that awkward phase around puberty. He has black hair that he keeps in a ponytail (like his mom’s) that his dad hates. He has sharp green eyes and dresses in black most of the time.
Jack is a bit of a Goth want to be and is always reading H.P. Lovecraft or E. A. Poe.
Jack has a bad case of Demophobia. Ever since he was a child he has been sensitive to psychic impressions. While has has no real power to read minds of emotions or anything like that he still feels great stress from large groups of people.

Last edited:

Silverlion

Explorer
Argent: I like the write up except the family secret. I don't see anything in that secret that be as game effecting as a flaw. Perhaps you can expand on it a bit?

I'm not sure yet which day we are doing,

Who can do Thursdays?

Who can do Fridays?

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Silverlion said:
Argent: I like the write up except the family secret. I don't see anything in that secret that be as game effecting as a flaw. Perhaps you can expand on it a bit?
The Family secret is very important and powerful.

1) What would happen to Jack and his father not to mention Jack's friends if it were found out that Jack is the son of Beautiful Vision? Everything from revenge murder to kidnapping.
2) What about those psychos who find out that the powers had to be transfered from one generation to the next? People would be after Jack to force him to give powers to them that he does not have.
3) More psychos who would want to experiment on Jack to see if they could gain powers.

This all weighs heavily on a 13 year old.

also something I really didn't expound on.... The deamonic gift is the power to effect peoples emotions and perceptions to the extent of causing the body to react as if the illusiions are real.

His Great Grandfather used the powers for personal gain ammasing a huge fortune and killing people with a glance. He most definatly had enemies

His Grandfather (Creeping Horror) used the powers for good but by instilling fear and pain. He would have a few enemies that may still be alive.

His Mother was the opposite of the men in the family. She was a kind woman who used her gift of "glamour" as she called it to heal and protect. but she too had enemies.

Last edited:

Silverlion

Explorer
Argent:
The characters I'm aiming for in this game shouldn't have a set plan for powers--while I don't mind a bit of the backstory or the one feat, there shouldn't be a plan for what he will get because basically I'm providing a common origin for powers for the characters--that doesn't mean your character can't fit, just that if you've got a definate plan you might want to rethink things, as the actual origin story will be the first issue/adventure.

As it stands the family secret /can't/ be an issue because of the fact I'm controlling the origin, and your character might have a talent or two outside thee origin that comes from his ancestor it wouldn't be significant enough to connect them.

Silverlion

Explorer
I will be online via AIM as SilverlionMnM tonight in oder to discuss the game, and
work out final details. Anyone who prefers playing tonight let me know via messagee or post, or what have you so I can see if I've got enough people to do so. Those prefering Friday night do the same :) If I've enough people maybe I'll run two games :) maybe.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads