Legacy of Death Part I: Most Infamous Danger

kaltfeuer

First Post
Camping & Recuperating

I thought I had already done this, but I'll use the Create Campsite ritual, augmented with my Speak With Spirits power. (not sure how it rolled twice)

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
the dwarf is correct, on the secret doors. as for the ritual, its unclear that the concealment lasts...in any case, you have it now.

Lets see if something happens...It doesn't

kaltfeuer

First Post
Moving On

Now that we've rested, shall we return to the lab? Clearly, we should finish checking for doors, and determine whether there are keyholes in there.

We still need to find:
-- trembling hands that maul
-- the columned hall
-- iron men of visage grim
-- a throne that's key and keyed

ecayford

First Post
Forge is ready to reenter the tomb. I'd wager we've met the trembling hands that maul. I distinctly remember being mauled. Once we make it back to the room with the force pulse traps we should consider who should go first and trigger the lion's share of the damage based on defenses, number of surges and how often you get close to running out of surges.

kaltfeuer

First Post
Cue the Pulse to Begin

Perhaps we could split up the effects of the Burnside Project? Nar-Heru probably isn't a good candidate to withstand a blast, but if each of the rest us gets hit 1-2 times, it won't be as big a deal. Forge and I probably have the most surges, and would be the least impacted in the long run by taking double blasts. Buckthorn rarely takes hits, so he should be next. Lucien seems to get whacked quite a bit relative to his available surges. Perhaps we can use something to hold the doors open and prevent taking repeated blasts every time we come in? I'll do a nature check before we go in and try to find some sturdy wood (oak? maybe) that can prop doors.

dyermaker001

Explorer
"I think we only need to exit through the Light Force rooms. We can still enter through the mist and return back through the gargoyle sphere. We have yet to determine a way to to access that plug in the floor of the room with the chests. We should return to the lab and search there. I wonder if the possibly false lich we fought was created in that laboratory."

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
To keep things going I will just assume...

You take the advice of the wizard, manage to avoid the pit traps in the floor of the mosiac hall, remember the pattern for the arch, walk on the path, return to the gargoyle statue, then to the sphere hall, strange chappel, bypass more pits...and are back in the room with the vats.

Its a bit oozy.

dyermaker001

Explorer
Nar-Heru takes a last glance around the lab looking for anything of magical value he may have missed the first time. He then takes position several squares away and to the side of the door Forge has found, prepared for whatever may come.

Remove ads