• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of Death Part IX: The Ultimate Tomb

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
It is but a jog to return to the path ascending out from the ruined courtyards and gardens to the still looming shape, still at the center of the still weird storm.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
You have not offended me human. The gloom of this place, the task ahead, and the loss of a comrade weight heavy upon me. Also your gregarious manner is unaccustomed to me. I’ve been a soldier in the service of the Sultan all my life that is ever since my loving parents sold me into servitude as a child. I am not used to friends only comrades in arms. Forge’s and Buckthorn’s prowess in battle are proven in blood yours is still in question.

Assuming the rest come along, we continue on the path wary of possible danger.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
on this day....a god lied in a tomb...

your not quite there yet, but the shape does become clearer.

welcome dead gods tomb.jpg

More on monday.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Tongues of white fire swirl and flicker throughout this area. The mighty skull rises far into the sky. From the fragments around it, it may have been part of a larger structure. Its open mouth is framed by great walls of rubble and black ice.

Last edited:

dyermaker001

Explorer
Allowyn shifts ever so slightly in his saddle and Leandre stops. "This must be the place. Is one of you a scout or familiar with disabling traps? I don't think this will be the straightforward battle I would prefer."

Jin Abackis

Explorer
The storm appears to be of eldritch origin. From behind cover if possible, Simorai studies the storm(arcana – 24 (rolled a 1)). He tries to determine if the storm is dangerous if entered, e.g., zapped by the white fire, etc. From a distance, he also scans the area (perception - 33). Does the open mouth look like the only way in?

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Just to be clear, there is still some space between you and the looming shape.

He thinks he needs to be closer to answer these questions.

Buckthorn

First Post
Buckthorn, to Allowyn (in answer to previous post): "No, you have done nothing to give offense. My comrade I believe is simply being cautious. Given all that we have been through, it is no wonder. I have no doubt that an opportunity to prove your value and your trustworthiness will present itself... imminently. Many such opportunities, I expect, if our past history is any guide."

"To your other question, I have some skill with traps and can keep a low profile... I will scout ahead."

Buckthorn,
will venture ahead, up to, but not inside, the entrance to the skull cave's maw. Buckthorn will hide (Stealth) (42) and will be looking for traps as well as any footprints or tracks (Perception) (37) (rolled a 20).

Last edited:

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Through the gloom cast by the storm, occasionally broken by the flashes of white fire, you approach through the piles of disturbing ruble and towering black ice, which looks almost structural.

Is that something moving?

Actual perception and stealth checks should be made for Buckthorn.

Everyone else: give some idea of how far back from the halfling you are, and where you are relative to each other (marching order).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads