• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of Death Part VII: Little Granny knows Hades

ecayford

First Post
"We've been attacked by living weapons before. Move carefully." Forge then proceeds to disregard his advice and moves to examine a finer set of the armor while keeping an eye out on Simorai and the sounds of moving armor.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Nothing jumps out and attacks, yet.

The four side rooms each seems to have armor of a common origin, albeit an origin that is largely strange to you.

japanese-samurai-armor-top.jpg

KlngElite.jpg

DSCF4035.jpg

Greek%20armour%20with%20Chalcidian%20bronze%20helmet.jpg

give me a little more detail on the search, maybe make those checks

dyermaker001

Explorer
Nar concentrates, to determine which suits of armor maybe magical. (arcana 24) After that fails, he uses his keen elven senses to search for anything out of the ordinary, like odd movements, shadows, determinate the exact source of the sounds. (perception 34 (crit))

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
There is something about the magic of this place...you follow the rustling, and realize it is some of the displayed armor. Its wanting to get out and return to battle!

It poses no threat. And saddly the damage taken and magic faded is such that its value, outside display, is limited. However (with the crit) you find a set of dragonscale armor and a shield of cold iron that might be more useful, at least to someone.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Simorai will examine the Dragonscale armor (what color is it?) and cold iron shield to try to determine the strength/level of the enchantment (Arcana - 28).

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Actually, it is +3 demonscale armor. (scale armor that grants energy resistance). The shield is also interesting, giving an nearby ally a turns worth of protection against a mind affecting attack. (I will house rule to say 1 ally within 3 squares).

NOTE: You have all now spent quite a bit of time in the armor museum.

Jin Abackis

Explorer
Nice items, but I’m not sure if anyone can make use of them – maybe the Warlord? Otherwise we should consider draining them. I can use an upgrade for my armor (to +4). Using his artificer ways, Simorai also studies the items if they can be reworked, i.e., transferring some of the scales/properties of the armor to one of our worn armor or re-smithing the metal in the shield into an amulet or bracers (and keeping the magical properties).

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Each is quite specific: demon scales and big piece of unusual metal.

(Forge also uses a shield).

You continue to stand there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads