Legacy of the Crystal Shard

Tormyr

Adventurer
I have just uploaded Legacy of the Crystal Shard to the downloads area.

This document converts Legacy of the Crystal Shard from D&D Next to 5e. You will need a copy of the adventure , Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide. Most creatures other than named NPCs are included by reference from the Monster Manual. An attempt was made to recreate the encounter balancing from the adventure.

The other option is to just use the adventure as is and multiply all hit points by about 3.

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Cool. Something I noticed though, Akar Kessel. His multiattack says he can use Life Drain in place of one attack, yet Life Drain is his only attack (other than spellcasting I guess). Also, his CR. Shouldn't he be about CR 5 or so based on HP and what his resistances do to effective hp for determining final CR?

Tamás Hoffmann

First Post
Hey!

This is very nice! I will use it in my adventure, I'm trying to run it in a few days. Do you have the random encounters table? I could really use it and I left the DM screen in a bar where we played the last time. I just realized that I really need it for the continuation! (they are just about to leave Byrn Shander and enter the Wiiiilds). Could you help pls?

Thanks!

Tormyr

Adventurer
Hey!

This is very nice! I will use it in my adventure, I'm trying to run it in a few days. Do you have the random encounters table? I could really use it and I left the DM screen in a bar where we played the last time. I just realized that I really need it for the continuation! (they are just about to leave Byrn Shander and enter the Wiiiilds). Could you help pls?

Thanks!

If you have Volo's, use the arctic encounters levels 1-4 table on page 92. I would suggest using them sparingly though, as they can slow things down a bunch, and the regular encounters could get a bit tough at times.

Remove ads