Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Antares takes a few steps back, more than a bit worried that the groups is now cut in half: "So, in truth, the goal is to burn it?" He gives his improvised weapon a full - if clumsy - whirl before letting it go near the bottom of its turn, lobbing it at their strange foe. The lamp sails through the air, trailing a fiery tail...

(But then, just as the elf let's go, he realizes that all of their torches are now in the *other* corridor, with the gelatinous cube in between!)

OOC: I *think* I got that right. The "forced into the side corridor" bit means Stellan and Mysthyr aren't in the same tunnel as Antares, right? If not, ignore the last paragraph.

gambler1650

Explorer
Stellan backs up with Myst. The Gelatinous Cube pauses for a moment, feeling apparently the opening on its 'left' and the presence of prey both in 'front' of it (Muzdim) and to its side (Myst and Stellan). This leaves space between the fighter and cleric for the elf's lob... assuming the throw doesn't go badly awry! In the meantime, Stellan throws his spear at the creature, having a second one he can use strapped to his back. His throw misses, but both Muzdim's axe, and Myst's stone, hit the creature. Again, Muzdim's axe finds its way through, even though it strikes the hand of the skeleton, shattering the wrist. The creature shudders for a moment, and those watching can see that there's more space between the top of the cube and the roof of the cavern.

OOC: Antares, give me a roll on your throw... Due to the size of the creature, no negative modifier for your Dex. Also, Stellan still has his torch and is in 'your' corridor.

OOC: Map is below, I think this is where everyone is based on descriptions above.

map1cv.png

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
As those who might be watching see Antares wind up and lob the lantern, there might possibly be a moment of worry since it has to go over the heads of Stellan and Mytshyr. And yet, the lob couldn't be any more perfect. It rises until it clips the top of the tunnel just over the gelatinous cube and breaks, oil spilling onto the creature's top surface. The flame appears to flicker for just a second as if it might go out, and then touches the oil, a sheet of fire appearing on top of the Gelatinous Cube which then shudders violently.

OOC: Give me 2d6 for the damage... it would have been 1d6 normally.

OOC: Antares' attack roll: 1d20=20... Critical!!!

OOC: By the way, Bosco doesn't have a torch last I saw.. He had been passed one by Stellan, but Stellan took it back when he went forward to attack. He can probably be fine until he gets to the southernmost intersection, but as soon as he turns to go back to the well, the light will be almost completely gone. Is he still going to run for the well without light?

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Way ta go tree hugger!" encourages Muzdim from the other corridor, as he prepares his last axe to be thrown.
"My love of trees is entirely limited to shade and general respect!" replies the elf, sounding remarkably elated -and surprised- with his performance so far! (To Muzdin his voice is muffled and strange, as if he was some distance under water.)

gambler1650

Explorer
The Gelatinous Cube seems to spasm for a moment, appearing about to throw itself towards Muzdin, but the fire rapidly eats its way through the body of the creature. Combined with the previous damage, it can't hold its form and collapses into a gooey mess at the T intersection, the fire still burning and smoke filling the small space. The party is far enough away - having relied on ranged weapons - to avoid inhaling much of the smoke.

[sblock=For Muzdin]As you yell your encouragement to Antares for his excellent throw, you feel the swipe of... something.. over your shoulder near your neck. An instant later, almost simultaneously, you feel the same sensation at your side. Something sharp, perhaps like claws. Take 2 points of damage, but more importantly.. make a saving throw at a +2 vs paralyze and poison. You need a 15 or higher. (As a note, the damage rolls were 1d4-1 each with a minimum of 1 point of damage on a hit.. the 2d4 - 2 couldn't be below 2 points total, I just did the rolls together without thinking)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads