• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

gambler1650

Explorer
The creature sloshes forward, but the flames appear to have made it more cautious.. and so Myst easily backs away from it. It appears to move slower than the party can move, but attempts to attack it will allow it a chance to get close enough to contact the attacker...

The situation is in the map below...
The four party members are in 5 foot squares in the 10 foot corridor.. I presume everyone backed up appropriately when it moved forward. There's 5 feet between the Gelatinous Cube and the front ranks which means the front edge of it is 15 feet from the side tunnel.

Let me know what you want to do. Also, as a point for further dice rolling, do you want me to roll any saving throws that are needed? Or would you prefer to do them yourself?

map1bp.png

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Split up in the tunnel, it can't move both ways. Stellan, Myst, fall back now and prepare ranged weapons, we can out manoeuvre this thing. Spellcasters, any fire spell would be useful!" Master Stone hand might have been known to the others after he joined the temple of the Secret's God, but he was foremost a warrior, and he had a knack for tactics, and for giving orders. Hearing his own advise, he quickly shifted from his heavy battleaxe and shield to two handaxes, one of which he threw to the advancing monstrosity. After the attack, he backpeddals into the left corridor.

Myst is prepared to retreat into the side passage as recommended by the dwarf but takes another swipe at the creature with his torch before backing away again. After seeing what happened to the dirt and pebbles, he can only wonder if throwing weapons at it will have any effect other than losing them into its mass.

OOC: Yikes! The dice roller is being cruel! As for rolling saving throws, I'm good with rolling mine. I'm checking in pretty much daily now so shouldn't cause any delay. That said, if I am ever missing for a couple of days and rolls are needed from me, feel free to make them for me.

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
OOC: Ok... Please let me know which tunnel you plan to be in as the GC advances to the T intersection. So far I have:

Muzdim: Left section of tunnel at the T intersection
Myst: Side tunnel (the one you guys came in through) - lower part of the T on the map

Bosco was last in the side tunnel from what I can tell, but not sure he's planning to stay there.

Antares and Stellan are both in the main tunnel itself and have yet to decide where to go.

Basically you probably have time only for a very... brief discussion (not much more than you've done so far) before the next round occurs... so anyone who wants to give a last bit of advice should do so.. but you should also say definitively where you plan to go for the next round.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Oi, think I know what it is." says the dwarf as the turn attempt fails and the dirt attatches to the creature "Its a gellatinous cube! Quick burn it with something!"
"A what?" inquires Antares -- though he does note that the dusty surface pushing towards them does look flatish, in a bendy sort of way. If you were to imagine *that* as the front side of some sort of monstrous, wriggling *cube*...

Myst takes another swipe at the creature with his torch before backing away again.
"Should I toss the lamp into it?" frantically questions the tall elf. He is totally focused on the reptating... horror somehow eagerly squeezing and pushing itself towards them! (Maybe it isn't a cube after all. Maybe it's an infinitely long tube squeezing itself out of some unsuspected nether hell!)

OOC: In case of a sudden rush Antares will retreat down the side-tunnel they all came from.

Thanks for rolling any needed saves for me, Gambler.

gambler1650

Explorer
Will Antares do anything other than ask what he should do? :)

I will post an update probably tomorrow night... so want to have everyone's action in place...

"A what?" inquires Antares -- though he does note that the dusty surface pushing towards them does look flatish, in a bendy sort of way. If you were to imagine *that* as the front side of some sort of monstrous, wriggling *cube*...

"Should I toss the lamp into it?" frantically questions the tall elf. He is totally focused on the reptating... horror somehow eagerly squeezing and pushing itself towards them! (Maybe it isn't a cube after all. Maybe it's an infinitely long tube squeezing itself out of some unsuspected nether hell!)

OOC: In case of a sudden rush Antares will retreat down the side-tunnel they all came from.

Thanks for rolling any needed saves for me, Gambler.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
OOC: If nobody answers him, Antares will uncertainly move back into the side-tunnel, far enough to have time to move should the beast choose to go down that way (say halfway down the tunnel?).

Remove ads