Legacy of the Silver Dragon: Chapter 1 (Chickens, Demons, and a Missing Girl)

gambler1650

Explorer
Antares and Stellan

Stellan shrugs his broad shoulders and smiles, still noticeably weaving. "In the state I'm likely to be in, in the morning, I'll probably just follow you around for a bit. But I would like to see the guard later in the day. And perhaps see if there's still any danger down that well."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Antares and Stellan

Stellan shrugs his broad shoulders and smiles, still noticeably weaving. "In the state I'm likely to be in, in the morning, I'll probably just follow you around for a bit. But I would like to see the guard later in the day. And perhaps see if there's still any danger down that well."
"Oh that first is a given, I think," mildly agrees the young elf. "It gives us the entire morning to do as necessities move us though, and -ah- while one can fully understand the pull of things unknown, friend Stellan, perhaps best to wait a while before venturing down again -- at least until we have firmer grasp of what we face?" A tentative look Stellan's way, as the young human might in fact well disagree, perhaps to the point of 'scouting' things out on his own if left to his own devices? Antares quickly thinks back on their experience down there, particularly that last confrontation with Former-Anna... "Certainly breaking that altar's hold on the neither regions would be a most promising start? An... exorcism of some kind perhaps?" with a questioning look Muzdin's way, brother Myst being absent.

<Response Muzdin?>

[A bit later, Bracegirdle residence]
"In truth... Though often no simpler to manage for all its certainties, I fear. Though in truth there has been some progress there as well this day, at least in my way of thinking?" He shrugs, looking a bit embarrassed: "I -ah- might possibly write a letter later tonight?"
Lavina doesn't immediately comment, instead coming down to fussily straighten up forgotten minutia down in the kitchen, no doubt in prelude to getting back to bed... Strange: he would have thought she would be - somewhat happy? - about the prospect of his resuming contact with his sire? Family is so important to her though... maybe she thinks a simple letter is too little a gesture to merit congratulations?

Antares tilts his head a little to the side... Ah, "Should- Should I do more, do you think?"

<Response Lavina?>

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It would indeed. But, we should be cautions as to not anger powers beyond our control." Muzdin replied.

OOC: Why are we keeping two threads open again?

Binder Fred

"Should we seek help higher up the temple hierarchies?" he lightly proposes after some relaxed consideration. "Perhaps he that cured fair Anna at Pelor's temple?" Certainly exploration of the tunnels surrounding should be all the safer with that connection gone, not to mention the restful slumber of the living houses above...?

He takes another measured draught of his ale, trying to pinpoint the not-altogether-unpleasant taste behind the sweetness of the yeast... barley? Probably not.

And then the food comes!

[sblock=OOC]
OOC: Why are we keeping two threads open again?
Again?

I'm quite comfortable with a late-night-musing/planing thread and a seeking-knowledge morning thread myself, but you could always have Muzdin leave this "older" thread if it makes you uncomfortable for some reason? (Does it?)[/sblock]

gambler1650

Explorer
Bracegirdle Residence

Lavinia seems somewhat reticent in her response to Antares' question, then smiles, "I'm sorry Antares. I was just thinking to myself that a letter wouldn't be much good for someone to give me in order to mend bridges. I can't read, after all. I don't know you and your family well enough. You should do as you feel right. Small steps are often the best ones."

OOC: I was simply responding to some loose ends Antares had left. I think most of the necessary discussion has taken place here as to what the group wants to do, so there shouldn't be anything further necessary here for anyone else to do unless they want.

Binder Fred

Bracegirdle residence

At which wisdom Antares cannot help but nod: "It is but the first," he gingerly agrees. It must be... "Though I cannot, in truth, I think, simply present myself without warning. It would- likely not be well received?" His sire is not one one would wish to take by surprise, given choice. And there is, after all, comfort in ritual, in the observance of the forms; added safety... "But the letter will end with a request for an audience," he firmly decides nonetheless -- a thing half in his mind already, but better assured of reality now that it has been publicly voiced, a prod for all-too-likely forthcoming wavers in his resolve...

<Response Lavina?>

gambler1650

Explorer
Lavinia smiles widely at the young elf, "It's a brave thing to do something you are unsure of, or even worse, expect to be uncomfortable. Now my dear, would you like one of my cookies to take with you? And bring one for Stellan also." Without waiting for confirmation she disappears in the direction of the kitchen and reappears with three of the sweets. "Actually, better take two for Stellan if I remember his appetite correctly."

Binder Fred

"My thank yous. And Stellan's as well, I'm quite sure..." He does take the proffered treats, wondering a bit at the timing. Perhaps she fears to miss him when he leaves for his meeting on the morrow? Her brood does keep her fairly busy, it is true... He is warmly glad she approves though, and perhaps this is just her way of showing it? And yet, speaking of things uncomfortable, there are still matters that remain. "Has -ah- Bosco come back yet by any chance?"

There is an apology that hangs there still, unvoiced, bridges somewhat rickety that here too are likely in need of mendings should both side prove willing...

gambler1650

Explorer
Lavinia tilts her head and tsks softly, "You know Bosco. He comes and goes as he pleases. I'm sure he'll show up again eventually... I'll be sure to mention that you asked after him."

Binder Fred

Sadly enough, there is more than a dram of relief in his heart at that delayed confrontation, though he does nod to the offer: "My thank yous again, lady of the house." And, as she seems about ready to head back up to her husband and kids herself, "And a good night to you?"

Remove ads