Legacy of the Silver Dragon - Day 2 (Interlude)

gambler1650

Explorer
Glasia nods to Antares, "That about sums it up. Though, do be careful. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that Goblins are generally not to be trusted. But we need to get to the bottom of any conspiracy that might be going on."

Stellan, having listened to the conversation, grins a bit, and nudges Antares with an elbow. "A place of our own. Admittedly kind of crumbly, dusty and smoky. Not bad for a couple days work, right?" As much as he was pensive a few moments ago, his natural ease of manner has returned - perhaps from his friend's reassurance.

The young fighter adds, looking over at Beatrix, "I personally think combining the shrine with our new place sounds good to me. But, well.. we do have another priest in our company, so I will leave it to him." And he looks expectantly at Muzdim.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdim

"I'm a cleric, not a priest. I don't erect shrines and sit on my but sprinkling holy water around." Muzdim says. "Clerics go out to the world to preach by action."

Goldhammer

First Post
"Might I -ah- suggest the same place as our future headquarters, perhaps?" inserts the young elf after a small swallow. He doesn't quite know why, but he's felt very at ease with sister Beatrix ever since their second meeting (or perhaps as soon as after their first, with the idea of her? (Even with that initial interruption of their private talks - or perhaps because of it?)). This is not at all usual for him... "It- does stand upon one of the town's borders, in truth, if one that we had not previously thought to even consider?" With a somewhat subdued, apologetic gesture downwards, towards all that may now lie sharply clawing beneath... "That is, if the other members of the Company approve? And you yourself wish to join, of course?" he quickly adds, suddenly uncertain.

For some reason, this matters.

"Do not worry about us. Malborka guards our souls." The large priestess boldly tells the council.

"You are making most generous offer Antares, but I fear I must be rejecting as I do not want to intruded on your company's personal space. Buildings can become very crammed when there is more than one Sister of Malborka inside them." Beatrix explains to the elf. "But I am believing border would be good place for shine. Plenty of room, blessing of protection most useful there. Perhaps we can be neighbours instead?"

"Am tell you what, Antares. When shine is build, you get free meal. Lots of good meat and ale!" Beatrix say cheerfully. "You are looking like you need it. You're very skinny, you know that?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"It is an elven trait?" temporizes the robed mage, automatically looking down on himself but otherwise stricken to the quick: She does not wish to join? Somehow that possibility had not truly occurred to him -- or so says the sudden point piercing his heart, the impending sadness suddenly pressing against thin shoulders. "Just to be clear, the burnt house in question stands within the town proper? The 'border' I referred to is its connection with the tunnels beneath...?" (If she and her shrine were on the outskirts, somewhere, they could not possibly be neighbors...) "And you would not be intruding? Could not be." He swallows, cutting to the heart of it: "But- But no matter where you choose to settle in future - And certainly Malborka's shrine will take some time to build? - won't you reconsider joining our adventuring Company? You would be most welcomed?" Obviously somehow still hoping against hope that it's some kind of peculiar mis-communication, not unlike the border thing just now...?

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarf raises a populated eyebrow at the elf, side glancing him with inquiring eyes. He seems about to say something, his mischievous eyes gleaming. However he seems to reconsider and merely chuckles at himself.

Goldhammer

First Post
"It is an elven trait?" temporizes the robed mage, automatically looking down on himself but otherwise stricken to the quick: She does not wish to join? Somehow that possibility had not truly occurred to him -- or so says the sudden point piercing his heart, the impending sadness suddenly pressing against thin shoulders. "Just to be clear, the burnt house in question stands within the town proper? The 'border' I referred to is its connection with the tunnels beneath...?" (If she and her shrine were on the outskirts, somewhere, they could not possibly be neighbors...) "And you would not be intruding? Could not be." He swallows, cutting to the heart of it: "But- But no matter where you choose to settle in future - And certainly Malborka's shrine will take some time to build? - won't you reconsider joining our adventuring Company? You would be most welcomed?" Obviously somehow still hoping against hope that it's some kind of peculiar mis-communication, not unlike the border thing just now...?

The fat priestess thinks about it for a moment then smiles."Yes, you are right. It is taking some time for shine to be built, so I would be without a true home until it was finished. I would be honoured to join your company in the meantime." Beatrix says. She takes the elf's hand and shakes it. "There is no more nobler act in Malborka's eyes than to take a stranger in need into your home. May the goddess bless you for taking me. I shall do everything I can to repay this favour."

Binder Fred

Antares lets his hand be shaken a bit blankly, blinking at her. Is- Is it only his impression, or does misunderstanding still cloud significant parts of this exchange...? (Let us say THE most important part, perhaps?)

Uncertain, he goes for: "You are most welcomed, Sister...?" while bowing his head to the offered blessing... But she DID agree, didn't she? And he WAS, he thought, quite direct in the phrasing of the proposal itself, was he not?

Yes. Yes, it must be so. Some of his tension seems to just evaporate, and lambent emerald eyes start smiling their shining welcome her way... "And in truth I can admit to some personal gladness myself, for this group is close to my own heart indeed, childhood friends, and relations, all?" That last added for the benefit of a certain (mysteriously chuckling) dwarf, of course... But nevermind that right now: "I- We all hope the Behenian Company will bring you much happiness."

Last edited:

gambler1650

Explorer
The councilmembers watch the negotiations between Antares and Beatrix with various levels of incomprehension, bemusement and amusement. Rikolai clears his throat, "Perhaps we should leave this, er, company, to prepare... and report back to the rest of the council? Elise is ill, but I can go inform her if you want?"

Elise is a halfling, quite old but very cheerful. Glasia nods after a moment, "Sure. That sounds good." Mikon grins at Muzdim and says, "Watch yourself with this group. Especially the elf."

Glasia turns back to the party, "We will expect your report, hopefully within a few days, and in the meantime will prepare our negotiations with the Goblin village. Do you have any further questions?"

Binder Fred

"Ah," says Antares, getting back to the ever shifting here and now. "Perhaps not a question as such, but-" How to put it? "It has... come to me that perhaps, if we are to actually talk to the goblins once they are found- then perhaps one or two goblin translators might be of some usefulness? Offerings of good will, as it were?"

A goblin retinue might also somewhat diminish the likelihood that they will be attacked on sight and perish horribly? A... steadily growing concern for the young mage at the moment, now that the actuality of the folly they are (apparently) to attempt looms ever closer.

Goldhammer

First Post
"It is being my pleasure. I am hoping I will be great gain to Company, at least until blessed Sisterhood recalls me." Beatrix states, patting the elf on the shoulder. "Am looking forward to getting to know you, Antares."

"Offering of good will? Luckily I still a few of these left." The fat priestess says excitedly, taking our a tightly wrapped sweet bun from her bag. "Made with secret recipe of Sisterhood. Only people who don't like these are those incapable of eating."

She returns the treat to her bag and stands to attention. "We shall return when we are having news about goblins." Beatrix tells the council, her fist over her heart. "But before I am going, may I send letter to Sisterhood, telling them about site of shrine?"

Remove ads