D&D 5E Legends & Lore : its Mathemagical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warbringer

Explorer
https://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4ll/20130729

Starting to look closer at the math(s)

We're instituting a consistent bonus progression for characters that ranges from +1 at 1st level to +6 at 20th level for attacks, checks, and saving throws.
For characters who are truly experts in some areas, that bonus can go as high as +12 for checks.

The optional skill system allows you to reach +12, but only for specific checks that map to the traditional D&D skill system as seen in 3rd Edition and 4th Edition. For instance, a 20th-level cleric who maxes out the Sense Motive skill might be at +6 for Wisdom checks and at +12 for Sense Motive checks.

We're plotting out monster saving throw DCs by level so that lower level critters have lower save DCs than higher level ones. (Comment: this will have an impact on bounded accuracy of lower level critters)

We're pushing the DCs used by player character casters down a bit and factoring effective spell level into the equation. Thus, a high-level wizard has lower saving throw DCs for weaker spells and higher ones for stronger ones. (Comment: as suggested here many time)

It's not clear if we'll continue to use a skill die or swap to a flat bonus. We're going to focus on getting data about this question in the next round of surveys.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I feel bad for you - you posted this two hours before the other thread, yet everyone replied to that one! Anyhow, I'd best close this one so that discussion doesn't get split, but you have my sympathies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads