Legends of the Samurai - Ronin - hey Charles!

beverson

First Post
Some friends and I are going to do some playtesting of LoS to see how it goes in preparation for a campaign later this year. I was putting together a Ronin, and noticed what looks like an error. Under the Honor requirements, it states that a Ronin is "required to be of the warrior social class". Farther down under the Class Features, it lists Weapon Proficiency (Swords). But the Warrior Bloodline already gives the character that WP.

Just wondering if this was supposed to be another weapon perhaps, or if the Ronin can be of a different bloodline that doesn't have the Sword WP already.

I haven't read through the whole book yet, but so far this stuff looks awesome, Charles! (yeah, I'm a fanboy...) :lol:

Vigilance

Explorer
Remember if you are promoted into a Bloodline only your social privileges change. So a character adopted into a warrior clan from a peasant family would gain the right to wear the daisho, a land grant and yearly salary, and the ability to take levels in the Samurai and Ronin classes.

However he would not gain the warrior class' Bloodline Traits (including the sword proficiency).

And thanks, glad you're enjoying it so far :)

Chuck

Vigilance

Explorer
If you've been a member of a bloodline through your formative years, then you would be considered a member of that bloodline in all ways.

The son of a Samurai who has been deprived of his lands and forced to live in the hills his whole life might be considered an outcast.

Chuck

Remove ads