D&D 5E Leif's First 5E Homebrew In-Character Thread 1A

"Let the sun's blessing be upon you, friend." Lailieri continued in Dwarven as she liked the roundabout way one says "sun" in the Dwarven tongue. "You may call me Lee. I was here just this morning and the place was bustling with priests and acolytes. I am concerned that no one has greeted us as well. Shall we look further for signs of life?" She gestures toward the curtain, since he standing at there, that he should continue.

Last edited:

"Yeah sure..." Fiftheach turned around slowly and started walking towards the curtains again.
"Name's Fiftheach, pleasure meeting ya." he continued, keeping one eye on Lee

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

Risia was still collecting coins and accolades when she was abruptly hip-bumped out of the way and some dark-haired half elf dandy started playing a silver flute.

Risia scowled. Where was his professional courtesy? This was her tavern for the day! Okay, he was good, but what was he playing? Something classical. It sounded like something she had learned in her year and a day with the Prince of Frost, though she wasn’t classically trained. But she had an ear for music.

Risia put bow to string again, staring down the other minstrel as she added her own countermelody, wrapping it around his, a bit of a challenge, and jazzing up the tune for the crowd.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Performance: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Oh dear she had done it now that filthy wench really didn't know her place. At least she was clothed this time though. Harald carried on playing making sure the crest depicting a stag and tree where clearly visible as he played just in case it wasn't obvious he was better than this harlot. She was rather pretty tough, for a commoner that is.

OOC: [roll0]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
s6jebb.jpg

Stone Mill
Afternoon
Round 0

Risia’s eyes narrowed. Challenge accepted then. He was classically trained. That likely meant he was poor at improvisation. But that was her forte. She redoubled her efforts, her violin challenging his flute. She moved closer, invading his space, her hips swaying to her music. She was a dancer as well as a musician, and her lush young body couldn’t help but move when she played. She noted the crest on his coat and tried to place it. Was he a noble? He seemed highbrow enough. What was he doing in a tavern in the back end of nowhere?

Frost, but he was good...

[sblock=Actions]
Performance: 1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
History: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 10/10
AC: 13

Cantrips: Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation
L1 (1/1): Faerie Fire, Sleep
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
DM Adjudication Interruption

Please edit out the results of Harald's spell. Prestidigitation is a utility cantrip, not an offensive spell [no pun intended], and it certainly cannot affect another individual's bodily functions, as he is very much aware. Even if you just want to make the stain appear without the function, Risia will certainly resist. Since it is not intended to be an attack spell, and merely a cantrip, I am inclined to let Risia automatically resist it. [Although, it should be noted for future reference that I have NOT so ruled this time because the actions of the PC in question were altered to avoid that necessity. No DM rulings were made here at all, because a little persuasion settled the controversy.] She will get a saving throw at the very least. We can debate this question in the OOC if you desire, but my ruling issued after any debate will be final. Make your case in the OOC, we'll all discuss, and I'll rule.

Harald may decide that this would be adding insult to injury, given Risia's latest performance check. Harald may be able to best a professional bard fair and square this time, but he shouldn't count on that being a regular occurrence.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Temple of Oghma

As Fiftheach and Lailieri are greeting each other and discussing what to do next, the curtains part, revealing a middle-aged human wearing no clerical vestments, nor is any holy symbol evident on his person. "Greetings, I thought I heard voices out here. All are welcome, I am Bernard, the keeper of this house."

Behind the curtain is what seems to be an entryway or vestibule leading to a much larger open space, presumably the main sanctuary of the temple?

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Stone Mill Tavern

Harald and Risia look daggers at each other, and the other patrons instantly grow quiet, hoping they will get to see a fight. The two erstwhile antagonists, however, apparently decide to re-think their respective positions, and no violence is forthcoming at this time, at least not immediately.

Last edited:

"Greetings Lad! Name's Featherbrew, I was sent here to assist, in some task or another. know anything about it?
he then continues to walk toward the man

Last edited:

Remove ads