• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Lou

Explorer
OOC: In the words of the 3.5 MM, "Golems have immunity to most magical and supernatural effects, except where otherwise noted." Quoting the MM 3.5 again: "Flesh Golem ... Special Qualities: ... Immunity to Magic ..." BONUS INFO: Flesh Golems have Damage Reduction 5/Adamantine!!!!!

OOC: Still looking at this, Bro. The Golem's Immunity does specify immune to any SLA that allow spell resistance. Which book contains Francheska's Fiery Burst ability?

OOC: Sorry for the slow reply, just back from Dallas.

Instead of the SRD, try the PRD on flesh golums, which is very clear:

"Immunity to Magic (Ex) A flesh golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted below."

As I said before, as the DM, especially of a Pathfinder game with 3.5 elements retained, if you rule that the flash golum is immune to the Fiery Burst, that's fine. As written for a pure Pathfinder game (where Fiery Burst does not exist), the flesh golum would not be immune.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc:*grin*

Cappy inhales as he gets ready to read the scrolls, but is halted by Kerlan. "I have a spare scroll of bull's strength to give to someone."

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr! -- The Cramped Secret Passage

OOC: Duh! MS3, got it now.

OOC: How have you guys managed to put up with an incompetent DM for this long?

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
MannyEWPortrait.png

Manny looks around at the others as he considers his resources. "Well, Relós and I should be able to pick away at the creature so long as we can keep ourselves in position to coordinate our attacks. If we can't do that, we'll stand little chance of harming the thing.

"As an alternative, my studies have been focused almost exclusively on the Summoning arts. I can summon one creature at a time very quickly, and they will stay to serve far longer than this combat is like to last. However, to do so I must dismiss Relós back to his home which would relegate me to an exclusively supportive role - I will not be able to inflict any damage on the creature without Relós help.

Perhaps I should summon a creature to attack the Golem from melee since I can summon a replacement in a tenth of the time Tylara could do so when it falls to the Golem. That would leave Tylara to call the Lantern Archon.

"Alternatively, I could enter the fight with Relós as one of the melee 'distractions.' If Relós is significantly weakened or falls to the creature, I could then Summon other creatures to aid us."

Leif

Adventurer
"Alternatively, I could enter the fight with Relós as one of the melee 'distractions.' If Relós is significantly weakened or falls to the creature, I could then Summon other creatures to aid us."
Relós extends his lower lip, his eyes get very big, and a single tear wells up.

OOC: So what's the plan, guys?

Last edited:

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan, using the information offered by his colleagues, as well as the knowledge he has of their abilities, tries to work together to form a plan of action. He discusses his plans with them for input and refining.

<OOC>
OK, here we go.

Buffs first. We can use Haste and Lesser Evolution Surge (Energy Attacks) from Manny. Haste to benefit us all and the other will help with damage as the energy damage won't be stopped by Damage Resistance. I would be casting Shield as well as Fist of Stone. Added defense and an attack that might have a chance at damaging it, occasionally. Tylara can cast Gravity Bow and possibly Cat's Grace. The added damage will help with penetrating the DR.

For offensive spells, we can use Summon Monster III from Tylara, Grease from someone else, possibly Many, Cloud of Knives and Steeldance from me. I would probably borrow Tylara's Longsword and Sickle for the increased damage. Cappy can cast Acid Arrow. Another possibility is Stone Call from Tylara. It would have to be before anyone goes up there for melee.

For strategy we will cast the buffs first, of course. I will then cast Cloud of Knives. We will pop open the trapdoor, Franny uses uses Fiery burst to slow the creature down, Tylara casts Stone Call (if desired) to slow the creature more and do a little damage, then Manny casts Grease to slow it down even more and get it down on the ground, if possible. I will then cast Steeldance, in the same round as those three spells, pop up through the trap door, and approach the Golem. Tylara will cast Summon Monster III, placing the creature behind the Golem. Manny can either fight next to me or Dimension Door to the other side, between the Golem and the Summoned creature, if we go with the Lantern Archon and it's ranged attacks.

From then on, we attack physically with either melee or ranged attacks. Depending on where Manny goes, Cappy could be fighting either way.

So, what do you think? Too much or Not enough? Cake walk or tough fight? Comments, criticisms, snide remarks?
</OOC>

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads