"Lesser Known" PC and Video Games?

evildm

Explorer
Ibram said:
how about the old FPS Blood... that game rocked, and would make a good base for a horror campaign.
Blood 2 even had a bunch of different hero characters, with stats and everything, so it's certainly a viable option. I would do it using Mutants & Masterminds, myself. It's got more of a super-powered thing to it, I find.

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
I personally would love to see Full Throttle D20. Man, I loved that game.

That would rock! F-ing rock! :cool:

The main quote used thoughout the game would be "Minivans...Minivans, do you hear me?!"

Always laughed at that part.

And the part where you blow up mechanical rabbits to the tune of Ride of the Valkyrie. :)

Krieg

First Post
Thanee said:
I wouldn't consider System Shock "lesser known", by the way, it was a milestone of the genre. :)
It really depends on what definition we are using for "lesser known".

It was critically acclaimed, but a commercial failure.

The diehards are all probably aware of it, but the casual (ie 95%) gamer will just say "System wha?".

BelXiror

First Post
I reckon the DOOM series by id could be finangled into an interesting campaign, you could probably even use the games level maps with enough modification.

Then there is Starcraft for a Future campaign.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Yep, Starcraft has some cool background for sure. I mean, the story they put into that RTS would make some RPGs jealous... ;)

Bye
Thanee

Terraism

Explorer
Thanee said:
Yep, Starcraft has some cool background for sure. I mean, the story they put into that RTS would make some RPGs jealous... ;)

Bye
Thanee
This is a Blizzard thing. All their RTS games have elaborate backstories - far better than their so-called RPGs. :D

Remove ads