Kickstarter Let The Games Begin: 50 dnd5e Mini-Games Live on Kickstarter!

Greetings, fellow Game Masters and Adventurers!
Crafting unique encounters and out-of-combat gameplay can be an absolute struggle as a Game Master. Preparing for downtime sessions, or festival activities, can be laborious as hours are spent brainstorming exactly how to run them. Therefore, I have created a compendium of 50 fun and engaging mini-games & challenges for you to easily incorporate into your campaigns.

Check out the preview and peruse this fun collection of games in Let The Games Begin!
kickstarter Promo_Small Banner.png

Whether they be quirky fun in a tavern, or epic tournament challenges, integrating mini-games into your adventures will provide both characters and players much needed respite and an ease of transition from one daring adventure to the next. You’ll also be able to show off and explore your worldbuilding, as players discover the unique festivals and sports that your cities celebrate. As well as help facilitate roleplay opportunities between your party characters, as they socialize in a friendly competition.

InstaDrinkingContestPromo_Small.png
InstaPigJoustingPromo_Small.png

Our First Rival Team has been Unlocked! The Iron Hounds will be added to the Book!​

Thanks to amazing support of over 170 backers, we've reached our third stretch goal and will be adding a rival team for adventuring parties to compete against!

StretchGoal_03_Done.png

The Iron Hounds are a team of four Dwarves raised within the mountain kingdom. Together, they venture out into the world to seek their fortune and adventure. As a collective, the team will be designed to rival a party of four level 4 adventurers.

What makes teams special is their unity and how they enhance one another. Therefore, a key component of designing teams is combos. This grants rival team members a special attack, reaction, or area of effect when they are united and standing next to another member. Your players will need to strategize to divide and conquer a rival team, utilizing the surrounding environment, and commanding the movement of the battle.

The art for the rival team will be illustrated by Flygohr, a passionate fantasy artist based in Northern Italy. He's been working freelance for more than ten years, delivering thousands of art assets to hundreds of clients from all over the world. He's rarely off work but when he does, he enjoys tabletops with friends, worldbuilding, and reading all sorts of fantasy and sci-fi books and lore.

We are soon entering our final week of crowdfunding, our next Stretch Goal is an additional 5 Dungeon Games once we reach $4200. While some dungeon makers may plant traps and dangerous monsters, there are some who would prefer to be amused. Dungeon mini-games are for villains who like to play with their food.

As an extra incentive to reach this Stretch Goal, if we hit $4200 before Friday 28th of June, 11:59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time, I'll add two consumable magic items into the book as well!

Thanks to the massive support from backers, we've reached our fourth stretch goal and will be able to add 5 dungeon games into the Let the Games Begin compendium!

5b0e3684823e21b84637ff7124dc07e9_original.png

These dungeon games are designed to add an intriguing flare to your villain lairs and tombs. Give a dramatic performance as your villain relishes in teasing and playing with your adventuring party.

Because of the unique design of the 5 dungeon games, each will be given their own special battlemap to accompany it.

In addition, because we were able to pass this goal before Friday night, two consumable magic items will be added to the collection unlocked in our 2nd stretch goal. These will be a potion and a special fruit.

What's Next?​

2d8e2c4d43ee169d6151350dd9637a75_original.png

The next stretch goal is adding a second Rival Team for your party to compete against, designed to have a challenge rating of 8. This callous group of mercenaries is known as the Xorn Force, a company of four outlaws who will do anything for coin. Infamous as dishonorable cheaters, Xorn Force are inclined to use tricks and deception to win.

When I ran a tournament arc for my own home-game, the Xorn Force was the main team my adventurers were competing against. Therefore, I would love to see the team illustrated and included in the book.

With less than 4 days to go, I'd like to thank you all once again for getting the project this far!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads