Let us build a single creature ground and pounder!

Slit518

Adventurer
Let us build a character that excels at ground & pound.

The character will focus on one target at a time, so it doesn't need to worry about crowd control.

Expertise in Athletics is a must.

High Strength is a must.

Advantage in Athletics is a must.

Extra Attack is a must.

What races/class combinations with feats would you use?

I think Rogue and Barbarian go well, with any Strength based race or Human.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
What exactly is "ground & pound"?
I would be inclined to go with a single-classed Human Brute Fighter using the Prodigy feat.

Slit518

Adventurer
What exactly is "ground & pound"?
I would be inclined to go with a single-classed Human Brute Fighter using the Prodigy feat.

You ever watch people like Brock Lesnar or Khabib maul people inside of the Octagon?

They get you to the ground, hold you there, and just pound the every living crap outta ya!
And you can't do anything about it!

Last edited:

Gafgarionn

First Post

The character will focus on one target at a time, so it doesn't need to worry about crowd control.

High Strength is a must.

Extra Attack is a must.

Human variant - Battlemaster Fighter,/Rogue takes Tavern Brawler and Grappler. Use your shield to shield bash them while they are on the ground. Rogue gets sneak attacks proc off of getting advantage against your grappled foe. You could also use their maneuvers! Disarming, trip, Riposte. Let's not forget the 4 Superiority dice, the Action Surge and the Second Wind options here too!

Last edited:

G

Guest 6801328

You ever watch people like Brock Lesnar or Khabib maul people inside of the Octagon?

No, I haven't.

I prefer my senseless and gratuitous violence to be both heroic and purely imaginary. Not neither.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog

High Strength is a must.

Extra Attack is a must.

Basically you want something that can knock enemies down and grapple them with a free hand and then proceed to swing at them.

Personally I'd take an Eldritch Knight up to level 8. Gives you enough ASI's to max strength even if you start at 14 and gives you the ability to take the Enlarge/Reduce spell (gives advantage and will let you grapple larger creatures).

I would then take a 1 level dip into rogue at 9th level for expertise athletics (a nice +4 bonus at this point). Then I would finish on the eldritch knight path till I had level 3 spells. Then I would take more rogue levels.

I would not take shield master as you will want a free hand to grapple once they are down. I would consider taking a level of barbarian for rage 2x rage per day at some point. I would consider taking a level or 2 of warlock for hex at some point. I would consider taking at least 3 levels of monk to get open hand technique but I figure by level 13 or so the campaign will probably end anyways so I don't think that far ahead.

Could also easily open up a Tavern Brawler, Heavy Armor Master or Lucky feat. All of which would be very good for the build.

Last edited:

Satyrn

First Post
No, I haven't.

I prefer my senseless and gratuitous violence to be both heroic and purely imaginary. Not neither.

Then you should watch Brock Lesner in the squared circle!

(Because wrestling is indeed imaginary and I believe he was at one point a Face, the hero.)

cmad1977

Hero
Then you should watch Brock Lesner in the squared circle!

(Because wrestling is indeed imaginary and I believe he was at one point a Face, the hero.)

Not that I watch wrestling but I would say that while WWE is highly choreographed I wouldn’t call it ‘imaginary’ or ‘fake’.

Ok I admit: I was an Ultimate Warrior fan.

Satyrn

First Post
Not that I watch wrestling but I would say that while WWE is highly choreographed I wouldn’t call it ‘imaginary’ or ‘fake’.

Ok I admit: I was an Ultimate Warrior fan.
Certainly. But the truth shouldn't get in the way of a good joke.

Remove ads