• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Let's bet on the next D&D adventure path!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Given the loving that the Far Realms is getting, and the push for psionics to enter the game in the not too distant future, I could see Nights Below getting a 5e treatment.

Although, considering we just had an Underdark themed module last year, I'm not sure if that would fly.

Gates of Firestorm Peak is mentioned several times in the core books: likely we will see that revisited for the Mindflayer plotline, which is inevitable in some form or another.

Xohar17

Explorer
With the Labyrinth hint and the mention of acererak in chult in Drizzt's novel I too am inclined to say Tomb of horrors, or maybe one path based on all the S series.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Problem with Barrier Peaks, though -- would they really want to do something that thematically close to what Paizo is doing with Starfinder next August? Mind you I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I have doubts.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Problem with Barrier Peaks, though -- would they really want to do something that thematically close to what Paizo is doing with Starfinder next August? Mind you I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I have doubts.

Giantkillers didn't stop them doing Sky Kings Thunder; highly doubt WotC is overly concerned with Paizos release schedule when working on their own.

ad_hoc

(they/them)

I don't think Pathfinder matters.

Mefistofulee

First Post
I would love Dragonlance but since that is not going to happen I could see it being a remake of the old Dragon Mountain adventure. Since finding and traveling through the mountain was most of the adventure it just had a dragon at the end.

Waterdeep and Undermountain.
Though I have no doubt that this is in development, I don't see it being released in the near future. Given that their is already reliable info that the D&D movie will take place in Undermountain, I think Wizards will time the release of the adventure to correspond with the movie release. (It would seem foolish not to leverage the advertising & hype.)

Given that the movie has not yet begun filming, and cast and crew are not yet announced (and only possibly a lead and a director announced), the film industry discussion I've found indicate the movie will not be released before 2018.

Therefore, IMO, UM won't be the next release (despite the 'Labyrinth' title). I'd like to see Barrier Peaks, but there are ten good possibilities mentioned in this thread and others.

Remove ads