D&D 5E Let's Catch Up With The D&D Planescape Videos!

Factions, Gate Towns, Character Options, and Magic.

As I sit on my porch yelling at kids to stay off my lawn and shaking my fist at clouds, I would also like to say how much I don't like presenting videos for information over a nice written article.

For me it is the least convenient way to present information and I rarely consume it that way. But I'm aging out of the target demographic and I get that.

From a cost perspective I wonder how much producing videos to show for free on YouTube in 2023 costs versus designing and paying for print adds in magazines comics ect did in 1993? Do companies save money or is it just a shift in how it is spent?

tenkar

Old School Blogger
As I sit on my porch yelling at kids to stay off my lawn and shaking my fist at clouds, I would also like to say how much I don't like presenting videos for information over a nice written article.

For me it is the least convenient way to present information and I rarely consume it that way. But I'm aging out of the target demographic and I get that.

From a cost perspective I wonder how much producing videos to show for free on YouTube in 2023 costs versus designing and paying for print adds in magazines comics ect did in 1993? Do companies save money or is it just a shift in how it is spent?
It's a sign of the times, as pretty much everyone has their "handheld multi-media device" with them constantly. I find that I listen to more videos than actively watch, as I can listen and drive, commute, clean the house, etc. I actively read articles too, but the younger generations do seem to be more about getting their news from videos and less from reading - certainly not from newspapers or printed comic books, which are becoming rare sites indeed.

dave2008

Legend
..., I would also like to say how much I don't like presenting videos for information over a nice written article.
I was right there with you until about 6 months ago. I still like a good article better, but I can tolerate videos now. What is nice, if I am working at home, I can have a video on in the background while working and jump over when something catches my ear. Unfortunately, I am often to invested in my work for that strategy to be effective!

Remove ads

Remove ads