Let's help Mouseferatu with the APG

Aage

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
I can't swear to this--release dates are Clark's domain, not mine--but I think the plan is to have it out pretty quickly after the release of 4E itself.

I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread :p

pukunui

Legend
wykthor said:
I fervently hope so :cool:

I *think* I read something about a possible Shadow Source. But when, only Z'Hadum knows...
Yes, it says as much in Worlds & Monsters as well ... on page 46, Chris Sims writes "More importantly, shadow will be a power source in the 4th Edition D&D game."

RigaMortus2

First Post
My only concern is, what happens once WotC does publishes these races/classes for use? Suddenly you have two options, one from WotC and one from a 3rd party. Which one are you most likely to use? I think most people would use the 'official' WotC version over a 3rd party publisher. JMHO.

Jack99

Adventurer
RigaMortus2 said:
My only concern is, what happens once WotC does publishes these races/classes for use? Suddenly you have two options, one from WotC and one from a 3rd party. Which one are you most likely to use? I think most people would use the 'official' WotC version over a 3rd party publisher. JMHO.

Most likely. But choices and options are good! Besides, it could be a good while before we see all the classes covered by WotC.

Good luck with it, Ari, I for one am looking forward seeing your take on this.

Cheers

JoeGKushner

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:

Yeah, cause nothing like that ever happened with say the ranger in 3.0 or 3.5 eh? ;)

Klaus

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
But how long will it take for WotC to do them? And what are the odds of WotC doing these races and classes all together in a single product?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Klaus said:
But how long will it take for WotC to do them? And what are the odds of WotC doing these races and classes all together in a single product?
And there are still players who will only consider PHB1, DMG1 and MM1 as "core" books, and will only buy occasional adventures and/or random splats, for them having missing stuff in one or two books very fast is probably more valuable to them than getting it at some point in the future.

And a DM is always happy to have some (balanced) oddball options one can throw on the PCs. Keeps them awake, if the gnome or bard suddenly does something differently than expected.

Cheers, LT.

wykthor

First Post
pukunui said:
Yes, it says as much in Worlds & Monsters as well ... on page 46, Chris Sims writes "More importantly, shadow will be a power source in the 4th Edition D&D game."

The big question is: "When?" . I hope it'll be before 2009.

Nellisir

Hero
morbiczer said:
So there will be many, who will buy this APG, even if they would know that some of the content will get official treatment soon.

By "soon", you mean 16 months or so, right? Almost a year and a half? The next product that we know about that would likely feature these would be the PH2, and PH's are usually released around June, so we're talking June 2009. I can run a campaign in that time.

Anyways, options are great. Options let me make informed choices about what works and what doesn't, and what conveys the feeling I want in my campaign and what doesn't.

Heck, if all the RPG companies only did stuff they "knew" WotC wasn't going to do, there'd only be WotC.

The Little Raven

First Post
wykthor said:
The big question is: "When?" . I hope it'll be before 2009.

Well, since the Shades of Netheril are important to the 4e FR setting, and Shadow seems to be the power source they are most intimate with, I suspect it'll be sooner rather than later.

Remove ads