I have a player very excited about the possibility of using firearms and to my surprise find that I don't hate the firearms because it's easy enough to refluff gunpowder to magically treated crystals or whatever. Following the dirty feeling of that admission there are a few issues with firearms & I want to try getting some discussion started to improve them. In no particular order I'll go over them & use an ordered list for easy referencing
- I love that pistol & shotgun have sane ranges & that it's not trivial for players to use long range without penalty
- The carbine on AG316 has no listed range. It should be 20/60 or 30/90 like the pistol or shotgun not 60/180 like revolver & musket.
- As far as I know carbine implies multiple rounds in the weapon, it doesn't mention how many either.
- The revolver & musket both jump to 60/180 range. With musket being a heavy two handed (single) shot loading weapon that makes some degree of sense but as a 2d6 loading but 6 shots per load weapon that seems beyond odd for revolver to gain so much range over pistols
- As written, crossbow expert does not apply to the reload on the (single shot?) pistol or shotgun. That's an ok thing since the shotgun is kind of unique in function & the revolver exists, but applying it to pistol could also apply it to the 2d8 60/180 musket & that seems like it would be problematic