Level Up (A5E) Level Up content banned from DnDNext Subreddit for 'Piracy'

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
As reported by one of our designers, a link to the official A5E.tools site was flagged by a bot for "piracy".

red.png

"Distributing non-SRD content for free" is an odd prohibition; every site on the internet distributes non-SRD content for free. That very subreddit is full of content that isn't in the SRD. Our content, of course, is not in WotC's SRD because it's our content. It is, however, in our SRD.

Since it was just a bot, the designer in question did follow up with the subreddit's moderation team, but unfortunately they doubled down and refused to unblock it.

False_Piracy_2.JPG

It is clear, as the moderator stated, that they are not familiar with the Open Game License; or furthermore that those tables are our work (more specifically the work of the excellent designer Paul Hughes) and not the work of WotC.

They finished up the statement -- "I'm not familiar with how it interacts with copyright but it's really not relevant".

Greggy C

Hero
You seriously went with A5E.tools
???

That is HIGHLY CLASSIFIED from the most blatant thief in the entire world of DnD... who stole everything, absolutely everything...

There is no way you will never not be flagged by 50 people.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You seriously went with A5E.tools
???

That is one letter from the most blatant thief in the entire world of DnD... who stole everything, absolutely everything...
So I'm informed! At the time I'd never heard of it! But that's not the reason for this though; the moderator in question is aware that it's a different site.

Last edited:

So I'm informed! At the time I'd never heard of it! But that's not the reason for this though; the moderator in question is aware that it's a different site.

Yeah, I'll give their subreddit some leeway with their bot flagging the .tools extension automatically. But the mod themselves just NOT understanding it is sad. But then again, not super surprising.

"I'm not familiar with how it interacts with copyright but it's really not relevant"
I'll be honest, this is all I could think of after I read that quote.

VanguardHero

Adventurer
Sticking their head in the ground and going "LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALA" about any other game is about what I expect from someone dedicated enough to o5e to be a mod for a board, sadly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases