Blog (A5E) Level Up: Now on FOUNDRY VTT!

For fans of the Foundry virtual tabletop platform, our initial package for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition is now available for free.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 3.43.28 PM.png

(Yes, I completely made up those stats!)
We're excited to present the beta release of the Foundry VTT Level Up system! The system is game-ready, but this release is only the beginning: you can expect plenty of new features over the coming weeks.

The core sheets provide handy automation features, from roll buttons to automatic resource tracking, as well as rich filtering to help keep your sheet organised.

While we packed a lot into this first release, some major features are yet to come. These include an interface to manage Active Effects and a suite of system compendiums containing all the great monsters, equipment, spells, and features from the Level Up system.

We hope you enjoy playing Level Up on Foundry!

If you have any feedback or want to report an issue, you can get help here.

Installation​

For now, to install you will need to use the following Manifest link:

You should past that link into the Manifest URL field at the bottom of the System Installation tab. For more help on installing via a Manifest link, check out this page at Foundry’s website. Level Up will be added to the main list soon.

manifest.png

Other VTT Platforms
Don’t forget, Roll20 fans can already get Memories of Holdenshire on Roll20, and they can get the Level Up character sheet on Roll20 for free. Fantasy Grounds is also producing its own in-house implementation of Level Up.

Last edited:

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
Just a note for anyone coming to this post now: you no longer need the manifest link to install the system.

Level Up is now listed in Foundry's package directory, so you can just search for it in the system installation window from now on 🙂

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
Just to give a further update, we're now on version 0.1.3, and the system has a bunch of new minor features. It's definitely worth your time to update the system.

You can expect some more substantial features in the coming week.

For those of you who want to keep up with all the goings on with the system, you should join Morrus' Discord server and check out the online-tools channel :)

I don't see anything like, classes, backgrounds, spells, etc. Do we have to type everything in?
See upthread:
Unfortunately, we're not going to be shipping any system compendia until the SRD has been released, which is still weeks out at a minimum. It's a really big job. We also need that time to get the compendia put together in the Foundry system, as there's a whole lot of material to include.

jphinney

Explorer
Hey,

I'm the dev for the Level Up system on Foundry.

Unfortunately, we're not going to be shipping any system compendia until the SRD has been released, which is still weeks out at a minimum. It's a really big job. We also need that time to get the compendia put together in the Foundry system, as there's a whole lot of material to include.

So, in short, you didn't miss anything, and you can expect all of this in an upcoming release :)
Take your time and get it done right. I do have some patience....some :)

Gnorr

Explorer
I am really looking forward to use this, but have two questions:

1) Is it possible to apply the A5E system to an existing 5E campaign? E.g., switch Lost Mines of Phandelver imported from DDB to A5E, keeping all of the existing 5E base stats intact? Thus, A5E features would only be used for newly created PCs.

2) Will Holdenshire also be ported to Foundry? Or is that content limited to Roll20?

Many thanks!

Phil Best

A5e Foundry Developer
I am really looking forward to use this, but have two questions:

1) Is it possible to apply the A5E system to an existing 5E campaign? E.g., switch Lost Mines of Phandelver imported from DDB to A5E, keeping all of the existing 5E base stats intact? Thus, A5E features would only be used for newly created PCs.

2) Will Holdenshire also be ported to Foundry? Or is that content limited to Roll20?

Many thanks!

Hey,

Regarding question 1, no, this is not currently possible.

The underlying data model in Level Up is different from that in the 5e system, and Level Up Foundry actors and 5e Foundry actors are not compatible. There are ways to automatically convert between the two, and I aim to provide support for this directly within the system, allowing users to seamlessly translate their existing 5e content to Level Up.

As for Holdenshire, work is already underway to bring the adventure to Foundry. A module should be available in the near future with everything you need to run the adventure.

Hope that answers your questions!

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases