Blog (A5E) Level Up System Reference Documents

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The Level Up System Reference Documents are now available for the use of third party developers, along with the compatibility logo and accompanying license.

poweted_by.jpg

Faolyn

(she/her)
Just want to confirm (I want to make sure I get this right!) I still add my own copyright information to the very end of the SRD, yes?

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
Just want to confirm (I want to make sure I get this right!) I still add my own copyright information to the very end of the SRD, yes?
While I can't offer legal advice, it is my observation that people do add their own copyright information at the end of their OGL disclosure. This is beneficial since it allows other people to cite you in the way you like to be cited.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
If you read the SRD and OGL (which you should do at least once, tedious though it is) you will see that there's a spot in section 15 to put your own work's copyright info in. It's also recommended that you explicitly declare Open Game Content outside the license. Most companies seem to do this either on the same page with the art and writing credits or as part of a larger "legal appendix" that includes the OGL text. However, I ALSO am not a lawyer, and may have missed some key points, so do your own research and don't take what I've said as legal advice.

Last edited:

Ondath

Hero
I went through the SRD briefly and could pretty much find every rule and option (including L5E exclusives like destinies, martial maneuvers, new feats and Prestige Rating). Is there any non-SRD content in the rulebooks, or did you go the Pathfinder way of making all of the rules available in the SRD?

Also, would I be allowed to, say, translate the A5E rules into another language under this license? I feel like my country's TTRPG community could greatly benefit from having the L5E rules as an alternative to 5E, so I'd be very interested in making a translation under the license.

Sanglorian

Adventurer
Also, would I be allowed to, say, translate the A5E rules into another language under this license? I feel like my country's TTRPG community could greatly benefit from having the L5E rules as an alternative to 5E, so I'd be very interested in making a translation under the license.
Yes you would (well, assuming you limit yourself to the A5E rules in the SRD, or that all A5E rules do indeed appear in the SRD.)

Remove ads