Blog (A5E) Level Up's Monster Tools

As you may know by now, we’ve done a lot of work with monsters in Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition. Amongst other things we have: Revised the monster math. Changed the Challenge Rating calculations. Added useful tables for each monster, such as names, signs, behavior, lair features, encounters, and more. Created fun new variants for many of the core monsters. Included spells as actions in the...

As you may know by now, we’ve done a lot of work with monsters in Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition. Amongst other things we have:
  • Revised the monster math.
  • Changed the Challenge Rating calculations.
  • Added useful tables for each monster, such as names, signs, behavior, lair features, encounters, and more.
  • Created fun new variants for many of the core monsters.
  • Included spells as actions in the stat block to save having to look up extra stuff.
  • Included useful stats like proficiency bonus and maneuver DC.
That’s not all, though. We also want to provide you with plenty of tools to help you devise your own monsters and create balanced encounters.

attercop.jpg

Faolyn

(she/her)
I wonder about calculating the challenging rating or XPs reward when they are using "extra help", special items or weapons. Would be a exosuit like a construct work as a monster mount for CR?
If the items up damage or AC or provide damage resistance/immunity, then I imagine that would be covered by the LU rules (since they're also covered by 05e rules).

If the items provide other benefits... I hope that the LU rules take conditions and other effects into consideration!

Remove ads

Remove ads