LF Simple Player Square Grid Mapping for Android or Web

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Hi all,

My code-fu is fairly strong, but before I roll me an app, I'm checking if this beast exists in the wild. Not reinventing the wheel and all that.

So here are my needs:

- I'm a player and have been designated mapper for our dungeon crawling
- I'm looking for a mapping tool that is not necessarily super-realistic, but that simply allows our group not to get lost
- Maps are square grid-based
- Maps can become quite large
- Corridors can be straight, 45 degrees, or optionally cavern-like or snaking (the last 2 I can fudge with squares if needed)
- The DM uses custom maps, or maps from old Dungeon/Dragon magazines, so no player digital versions available that I could layer with fog of war and erase as I go
- Needs to be uber simple, no frills, just the corridors, stairs and doors, ma'am
- Mobile app for Android, although Web-based is acceptable if there's no other choice (needs to work with Chrome on Android)
- Must be fast and not slow down the action around the table
- Need to save the maps, reload them, and export to image that can be sent to other players

(Not a spec for the app but Experimental: Potentially I would marry this with a portable projector to make a battle map on the table when needed instead of drawing)

I've seen the tool that playest posted in this thread, and it fulfills most of these requirements, but I would appreciate if you've seen anything interesting out there.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
FYI, I will be trying Dungeon Sketch, as its simplicity is appealing. It's been slightly unstable in my testing, but we'll see how it holds up around the table.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads