• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(LHHS) The Light Hearted Hack n' Slash Game (III)

Before interrogating the downed assailant, Rhiamon checks to see if Khala's alright. While the dark elf is still unconscious, he casts the Detect Magic cantrip on the equipment of the Pythagorean's equipment, wondering what type of enchantment resided on the man's cloak.

As soon as Khala wakes up, he helps the sorcerer up. The orc himself seems noticably weaker now, as he grunts, "I'm exhausted, although I believe this struggle should have proved my trustworthiness to you." He looks down at the assailant's shattered kama, "Very nice spell," He considers what to say next, but gives in to his inherent orcish nature, "Big boom make thing shatter."

He does his best to smile feebly, but his fangs show a bit too much perhaps.

(24/30 hitpoints remaining, currently fatigued)

Darkwolf

First Post
"Thanks for the help there. They almost had me."

Khala gets up and assists in interrogating the alive monk.

ooc: hp: 1/22 10/14 1st remaining 3/4 2nd remaining

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I do hope it doesn't come down to violence, that we can sort the things by talking. Maybe I am weak of will and was deceived, I don't know. But I'll find out."
Krindor checks that her sword is in place at her hip and that her shield is attached to her left arm.
Done with her preparations, she heads to out to meet the Captain of the Guard.

Darkwolf

First Post
"Hmm, what can we get out of pythagoreans that would be useful to us? I don't really feel up to torture even though I'm sure he wouldn't give us the same benefit if we had lost. Let's just strip him of anything good and leave him be."

Creamsteak

Explorer
Darkwolf said:
"Hmm, what can we get out of pythagoreans that would be useful to us? I don't really feel up to torture even though I'm sure he wouldn't give us the same benefit if we had lost. Let's just strip him of anything good and leave him be."

As far as the detect magic spell goes, you don't find any 'magic' auras, but there is a faint 'supernatural' aura coming from the cloaks, similar but not entirely the same as that of a counter-spelled casting.

The Pythagorist that survived is not yet awake, so what are you going to do with him?

Dalamar said:
"I do hope it doesn't come down to violence, that we can sort the things by talking. Maybe I am weak of will and was deceived, I don't know. But I'll find out."
Krindor checks that her sword is in place at her hip and that her shield is attached to her left arm.
Done with her preparations, she heads to out to meet the Captain of the Guard.

As you approach the guards chamber, lady Jayle makes certain to acquire entrance into the chambers of the Captain of the Guard. She dismisses the local watchman guarding the door, calling him 'Henry', and proceeds down the curved hallway.

As you pass by the hallway door, an eerie sense overcomes both of you. The red carpet that runs along the hallway is now tattered and has many 'bubbles' of skewed and liquid soaked markings. At this point, you are roughly 30 feet away from the door into the captains quarters, and directly in front of the doorway.

Jayle turns to Khala and states right out, "Something is wrong here. Looks to me like that's blood-stained carpet that's been left to soak in... what do you think about that?" She pauses and thinks a bit before saying, "This is unfathomable, I can definitely detect the aura of evil in this hallway, can you? It's a bit over-powering... should we step forwards and inspect this room, or the Lady's quarters first? I'm as excited as I've ever been before..."

Darkwolf

First Post
Khala pockets the cloak for later study. "What should we do with the Pythagorean? I don't really want to let him live, but I really don't want to kill him in cold blood. I could use some patching up too. You see anything of interest on the Pythagoreans besides the cloaks?"

(ooc: CS, I think you meant Krindor in the last paragraph...too many K's at a time, I think)

Last edited:

"Their weapons might be of fine quality, I really can't tell however-but they could make up part of the cost of the slave woman I'd imagine," The orc rubs his chin thoughtfully, "You took quite a beating back there, I suppose I can accompany you to seek some magical attention, you can meet the slave's owner later tonight-I'd perfer it if we split up later so that I could talk things over with him ahead of time."

The orc hands another cloak to Khala, and takes two for himself, donning one of them if it doesn't show any obvious markings of the Pythagoreans that he can't hide. He then hands the three kamas to Khala, "I suggest we should leave before this one wakes if you want to leave the rest alive."

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
creamsteak said:
You find yourself in the market square just outside of the largest church in the city. There isn't a great deal of motion going on, but an herbalist does accost you. He's a short little man, with a thin little beard and huge mustache. His selling line is something along the lines of, "Hey, you, the big dragon-ling, get the hell over here and smell this tea."

The old man says it with a soft voice, and doesn't seem all that insulting as much as pushy about his products to vend. He's trying to sell 'herbal teas' of the magic variety, and different varieties of smoking herbs and other strange and over-priced imported alchemical components.
Brawn excitedly follows the man's requests, and comes over to comply with the smelling of his wares.

"I'd be interested in your aromatic con-co-ctions."
Brawn struggles with the last word, straining it out carefully (deciding to drop the lizardman accent here)

Darkwolf

First Post
Khala gathers up the 3 kamas and the other cloak he was given and starts walking back to the temple district, stopping on the way to get his health restored.

Turning to the orc, "Thank you for your help back there, my friend. I look forward to the meeting tonight. By the way, you know my name, but I can't seem to recall yours. What is it?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads