Like Father, Like Son: Kid Charlemagne's Story Hour , PT III

Sir Brennen

Legend
Gavin said:
It seems that party members are competing for rank in the "infamous incidents" category.

Brennen: unplanned watersports, unwise swordfights, sticky peace bonds, horse-killing
Hey, it wasn't me that killed that horse (not the last one, anyway.) Talk to the bugbear. All Brennen did was soften...err, slow it up first.
And as for Xavier "handing Brennen his ass" - Sir D'Loxor still contends it wasn't an honorable duel. :mad:
Aris: catching rocks, using monsters as gymnastics equipment
And let's not forget (since the party takes every opportunity to remind him): Aris - Roaster of Dwarves. :rolleyes:

jalea

First Post
Sir Brennen said:

And as for Xavier "handing Brennen his ass" - Sir D'Loxor still contends it wasn't an honorable duel. :mad:

A loss is still a loss:p

Sir Brennen said:

And let's not forget (since the party takes every opportunity to remind him): Aris - Roaster of Dwarves. :rolleyes:

Being a fellow elf I wasn't going top mention that one myself

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Just a quick note to apologize for the lack of updates recently! Two reasons for the slowdown - first, we're in a stretch where we'll only play twice in seven weeks; secondly, things have been extremely busy for me at work and after work, limiting the time I've had recently...

I hope to get back on track early next week!

In the meantime, a sampler of upcoming events:

-a return to Caer Sidi...
-Jovah communes with Bes about Mordax...
-the party goes to see a 300 year-old librarian...

Kid Charlemagne

Gavin said:
It seems that party members are competing for rank in the "infamous incidents" category.

Well they say that every hero has tragic flaws....

Don't feel bad; in one of my other campaigns, the high-level thief got chased around the village by a 12-year old stable boy.

Okay, a 12-year-old vampiric stable boy, but, still...

Kid Charlemagne

Augrim, August 3rd, AE 420

Jovah and the party enter the Scrivners’ Guild, and ask for the librarian. They are met by a young, bookish, looking man who takes the offered scrolls eagerly. He quizzes Jovah for a while about them, and shows the party around the library.

Reana taps Jovah on the shoulder, and leans in to whisper something to him.

“Did you see that woman who walked out just as we were entering the Guilhouse?” the Ranger asks.

“No,” Jovah replies. “Anyone important?”

“One of Ekozius’ wizards. I recognized her from Norridge.”

“Did she see us? Would she even know who we are?”

“I’m pretty certain she didn’t notice us, but she would probably recognize us. She was sitting with Ekozius when Zaric pulled his ‘Arcane Sight’ stunt.”

“Uh oh,” Jovah groans.

Zaric was a Caradinian ex-gladiator that the party travelled with, some years back. He was almost as bad as Jalea for getting into trouble – he had an even lower wisdom. He had aquired a sword that had a special ability of Arcane Sight, and used it for the first time while sitting in a fine restaurant several tables over from Elros Ekozius, who was in town at the same time. He wanted to check out the magical power on display, however, he didn’t realize that using the power caused his eyes to glow brightly while in use. Ekozius and his allies were well aware of Jovah and his dining companions that day, and of the fact that they were specifically being checked out.

“Let’s just hope she didn’t see us,” Jovah says. “She’d only recognize you and me, anyway.”

The librarian thanks Jovah again for his donation, and locks the scrolls up in a desk. The party leaves, and ventures back into the hot, dusty square.

“As divine commandments go, that wasn’t bad,” Brennen remarks.

“There’s gonna be something more to this,” Jovah says. “I just know it.”

Gavin takes this opportunity to go visit the horse market, which he has heard is one of the world’s best. He has been hoping for some time to build a herd of breeding stock to breed warhorses, and he sets about selecting ten or so horses to purchase, with Reana’s help. Aris and Jalea also purchase new riding horses. Jovah wanders off, not wanting to get trampled, nor caring much for horses.

A few hours later, they meet up at a tavern just off the square.

“Where have you been?” Corwin asks the gnomish priest.

“Oh, nowhere special,” Jovah replies with a sly grin. “Just popping over to the local religious establishment to see how things are in town.”

“The local religious – hey!” Gavin exclaims. “The big church in town is Reksus! Don’t tell me you went to the Church of Reksus!”

“Relax, I was just paying my respects, so to speak. Stirring up the pot a little.”

“Great,” Brennen moans. “I think that’s our cue to leave town, don’t you?”

“Umm,” Jovah ponders, “That’s probably not a bad idea.”

Jovah went into the Church of Reksus and got embroiled in a brief philosophical discussion with the local priests… I wish I had a tape recorder running, there were a few good exchanges in there! Jovah left before getting too bold…

There is no opposition to their exit from Augrim, and as soon as they get far enough from town, Jovah dimension folds them all back to Fencig.

Gavin

First Post
Summer is a tough season for gaming, at least for our group. Too many scheduling conflicts are interrupting our usual every-other-week schedule.

A few glimpses into the future:

*Jalea slips his leash again
*Reanna and Soldago in a running Battle of the Spot Checks
*Big nasty thing-Shootout at the OK Corral
*"Stay to the left...the left!"
*We find some answers, except they only lead to more questions
*We are so stupid

Last edited:

Jovah

First Post
Gavin said:
A few glimpses into the future: