D&D 5E List of 5E powered RPGs?

Fanaelialae

Legend
I picked this up a couple months ago. Hoping to use it someday...

Also hoping that somebody does a full critique of the system after using it.
It's a well put together system that harkens back to B/X. Heck, I'd recommend Book 4 as a good primer on creating and running a sandbox even for DMs who aren't otherwise interested in the system itself.

Yaarel

He Mage
As I mentioned, I'm looking at standalone games, not settings. :)

Entromancy is a stand alone game. You wouldnt need to own any WotC books to play it. I was wondering why the Original Post didnt update to include it.

Last edited:

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
Awesome thread. AiME and Pugmire were the only ones I knew of.

I like having a handy list of things I can suggest to my group that won't take learning a new system.

TheDelphian

Explorer
I did a Gamma world 4th edition (1992) to 5e

This is the thread

Weiley31

Legend
Hellboy The Role-Playing game is powered by 5E now and does its own interesting take on the system.

There's also Return to Planet Apocalypse: which is pretty much is what happens when you "Doom" your fantasy 5E up. *They even have the Spider Mastermind(complete with 5E stats for the 5E rpg version) and Cyber-Demon as guest bosses in the board game but sadly, and very oddly, the Cyber-Demon hasn't been statted up in the 5E version for whatever the reason.

Carbon 2185 is 5E Cyberpunk. And I'm being completely crazy and kit-bashing BOTH Carbon 2185 and Return to Planet Apocalypse 5E to make a homebrew Doom 5E.

And apparently next year, as the Kickstarter for it has been moved to next year due to Covid, there is going to be a Dante's Inferno(not based on the video game) 5e coming out next year called Inferno IIRC.

We also got Nightfell 5E coming out next year and the pledge starter for late backers is up and running.

And finally we got another called Heckna, which is done by the same people, Hit Point Press, that did Humblewood. And its basically a killer carnival type deal with a Cosmic Horror jester, the aforementioned Heckna, as the main villain.

zedturtle

Jacob Rodgers
Since I should be better about promoting the stuff I work on, here's the sampler for Ruins of Symbaroum (dark fantasy 5e): Ruins of Symbaroum [5E] - The Promised Land - Free League Publishing | Symbaroum | DriveThruRPG.com

Comes with rules for three origins (Goblins, Human Barbarians, Human Cityfolk), four different subclasses (two kinds of Mystics, one kind of Scoundrel, and one kind of Warrior), rules up to 6th level and a sample adventure complete with pregens. The more people who sound off about it, the better the chances of it becoming a full set of rules, setting info, adventures and epic campaign.

damianfox

First Post
So as a follow up to this:

Do these books skip writing the 5e rules altogether, or do they reprint them (with the necessary modifications) for the sake of being thorough?

I'm very curious what the standard formatting for such a book would be.

Remove ads